X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's your height and weight?

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
    Props.
    I wanted to compete in taekwondo when I was a kid, but I broke bones easily.
    I haven't broken anybody's bones yet!

I wish I'd discovered martial arts 30-40 years ago. At this age it's exactly what I need for balance, reflexes, and coordination. (I can do cardio & strength on my own time.) Just having to show up to practice drove the loss of 20 or so pounds of fat while converting much of it to muscle.

At least as enjoyable as my own benefits was training with my daughter and watching her skills/confidence blossom. She's faster but I'm sneakier and can hit harder.

Classes are free for the first week here:
    http://www.oahutaekwondo.com/

Some of the best instructors I've ever seen, and at national/Olympic levels.
    Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
    Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
    We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
    Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

5'7". And I'd just like to say that I weight exactly 20% less than what I did a year and a half ago. Due to a stupid medical condition, I gained 55 pounds in less than 5 months without changing any of my eating/exercise habits. Nothing I did would change my weight. It was very, very frustrating. Now that most of my health problems have been taken care of, it's coming back off.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
        5'7". And I'd just like to say that I weight exactly 20% less than what I did a year and a half ago. Due to a stupid medical condition, I gained 55 pounds in less than 5 months without changing any of my eating/exercise habits. Nothing I did would change my weight. It was very, very frustrating. Now that most of my health problems have been taken care of, it's coming back off.
        congrats! Glad you're doing better.
        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

6'
          182lbs.

Comment

5'9"
            200# +/-
            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
            ~ ~
            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Record snowfall, Valdez, AK, 12/17/09.
              Marijuana confiscated in Spartanburg, SC, 2/25/10.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                Marijuana confiscated in Spartanburg, SC, 2/25/10.
                So as it pertains to this thread, I guess you're saying that when your marijuana was confiscated you no longer had The Munchies and therefore lost weight?

As for me, I'm 6'0" and my weight is

WARNING: your computer's battery is fading.

Dang. Better type fast! My weight is

WARNING: you have been disconnected.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

"Boy, you're gonna carry that weight,
                  Carry that weight
                  A long time."

Comment

6'2", 200 lbs, I need to lose a few pizzas...

Comment

This is a fun and interesting thread. Me...pushing 5', pushing 105 lbs. Dang, I can't use flip-flops around all you peeps otherwise I'd be lost in the crowd.

Comment

Speaking of height and weight, this is an interesting page:

http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodie...htweight.shtml

Comment

6' 209.....down from 242 8 yrs ago.
                          36-38 waist depending on the brand
                          size 12 boot so no make la'dat.

PS - Stopping overeating is harder than stopping ciggys, crack, or alcohol. If you are overweight, and don't know why, give me a jingle. I know the answer. And it ain't much of a secret.
                          Last edited by timkona; June 28, 2010, 08:04 PM. Reason: Had to add some hard truth
                          FutureNewsNetwork.com
                          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

A couple of years ago I was going thru the garage and came across a child's swimsuit. Whats a child's swimsuit doing in here, I wondered. And then I recognized it, it was mine, from my 20's, I used to surf in it and I was so thin I wore it over my wetsuit to keep the butt from wearing out. And now? Well...not even all the way up the thighs. Funny, when I was a kid I did a lot of things just right. Surfing for hours a day, riding a bike everywhere, running at least 5 miles a day and sometimes a lot more...I remember once being panicked that I could not gain weight. Aah it was fun going into an all you can eat smorgasbord and eating everything in sight and never gaining an ounce. A surfer from Australia convinced me of the importance of the strength to weight ratio so I made my total diet spinach salads with only lemon juice for dressing, I got to under 155, my pants slid off without a belt. And now? A pizza with an old surf bud every week or so, Mexican food, delicious enchiladas & burritos..mmmmm. I guess if I really cared I could dump the weight but truth is, I don't care. I should, but I don't. Gimme a carnitas burrito!!

I look at old movies and notice how thin everybody was. Even check out an old Laurel & Hardy and between belly laughs notice how Hardy looks moderate by today's standards. Many actors were bean poles by today's standards--Fred Astaire for example. We Americans do need to lose weight. But those burritos....

Comment

OOOhhh...carnitas....

Ahem.
                              Well, 5'7" and 143, soon to be decreasing by October 1 because spousal unit and I started a body weight percentage contest last night. He is 6' and 211. This will serve as documentation of our weigh-in last night.

He is of the protein diet persuasion.

I haven't persuaded myself yet.

Comment

Just recovered this and since (almost) everyone else posted their weight, I shalt not be a wimp and not follow suit. 5'7" and 155.
                                Why, hello, pants from 2003! So nice to see you again!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Working...
                                X