Titan XC - Extreme Cinema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titan XC - Extreme Cinema

Has anyone gone to the new Titan XC Cinema at Ward Stadium? Is it really worth the $16.50 ticket price. I love IMAX so what makes this different? Right now, they are only playing Toy Story 3 but when they get a decent movie in there, I wanna go check it out.
    Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
    My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Re: Titan XC - Extreme Cinema

Taking a tour tomorrow morning of the Titan XC, will share my experience.
    ___
    "Be god to each other."

Comment

I just bought my tickets for Eclipse for June 30 in the Titan XC theater. Since it isn't in 3D, the price was less. If you purchase online from Fandango, you can choose your seats in advance. My friend went today to see Toy Story 3 but she bought at the Box Office and could not choose her seats.
      Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
      My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Did notice that Ward converted theatre #8 to the Titan XC and they do indicate which movie is playing in that theatre at the box office.

Comment

Movie ticket prices are way too high. Better for me to just get DVDs. Pay once. Watch them over and over again for practically nothing later.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Here's my review of the Titan XC experience:

http://www.hawaiiweblog.com/2010/06/17/titan-xc

I enjoyed it. But I lament the fact that "big screens" are now something special, rather than the norm. And the fact that it could cost $100 to take my family out for a movie night.

Comment

E X P E N S I V E .

I want my old Cinerama theater back. $3.50 for Star Wars.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                E X P E N S I V E .

I want my old Cinerama theater back. $3.50 for Star Wars.
                I never made it to the tour, I relied on reviews of others to confirm I just can't afford it. I have fond memories of being picked up from Lunalilo Elementary and hurrying over to stand in line for Star Wars!
                ___
                "Be god to each other."

Comment

Went to the Titan XC theatre at Ward this afternoon. When we purchased the tickets from the box office, we were asked where we want to sit from the available seats and they managed to get us seats from the area we requested which was the middle section of the theatre.

The screen seems to be slightly wider but it doesn't seem to be an IMAX type of screen.

Comment

Working...
                  X