What a day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a day!

Yup, (and PC be damned, I'm gonna say it how I feel it)

I just introduced the 3rd Head Nigga In Charge in the US of A in a dang old 4th of July parade in simple little Kailua Kona Town, Hawaii Nei. We are talking BIG TIME "DC" with funny looking guys in crazy stupid aloha shirts, and they had things stuck in their ears. And they definitely were not ear rings. And why you got that bulge in your shirt?

Felt like the mainland was visiting Kona. Weird stuff. And I'm not making one bit of this up.

E Komo Mai o Moku O Kiawe Honorable Senator Inouye. You and Obama make Hawaii So Damned Proud that we can't thank you enough.

I'm just beamin' and so proud and humbled at the same time that I can't even sleep. Gee Whiz!!! What a terrific day in my life!!
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Re: What a day!

Wow, Tim! What was your connection that led you to be the one to introduce the Senator? Were you a parade organizer?

Comment

I just happened to be one of the MC's at the King Kamehameha Hotel. Been doing parades for 2 years now. It was my 5th one.
      FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
        I just introduced the 3rd Head Nigga In Charge in the US of A in a dang old 4th of July parade in simple little Kailua Kona Town, Hawaii Nei. !!
        But surely you knew ahead of time that Sen. Daniel Inouye was to be the Grand Marshall of the USA celebration parade. If you felt the way you do, why did you put yourself in the position of taking the gig?
        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

What the heck do you mean Amati? I had a terrific time. It was a true lifetime highlight.
          FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Gotta admit, Tim, I interpreted it the same way Amati did. The "N" word, even a slang spelling, caused me to read the rest of your message as sarcastic and, yes, a bit racist...esp. since Senator Inouye is Japanese. And, I'm being very PC with this reply. I'm biting my tongue; rather, my fingers.

Comment

Funny, but I knew exactly what Tim was saying; the message didn't get lost in the delivery - at least not at this receiver. YMMV.

I may be carefully PC in my own writing, but TK is, of course, free to express himself in whatever fashion he wishes; if there are consequences, it'll be up to him to deal, and how the rest of us might interpret is not likely to be of concern to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                [...] and how the rest of us might interpret is not likely to be of concern to him.
                So true!!! And, yes, free speech rocks and that allows me to express my disdain for derogatory words used to describe minorities.

Comment

... and how the rest of us might interpret is not likely to be of concern to him.[/quote]

That's really a shame for how can anyone even think that the use of the "N" word is close to being complimentary.

Comment

I don't even know what his original post was about, because I saw the N word and stopped reading right there.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                      So true!!! And, yes, free speech rocks and that allows me to express my disdain for derogatory words used to describe minorities.
                      Indeed.

I have no love for "that word" nor any other one that is regularly used to hurt (even if that was not the intent in the o.p., "that word" comes with baggage that we'd be fools to ignore). But what's that classic "I'll defend your right to..." quote? You all know what I'm talking about, and those of you who profess to love free speech know exactly how it applies.

And, as Tutusue said, you also get to express disdain, disgust, dislike or any other dis- about it. And that's more than just "being P.C."

Comment

What the heck do you mean Amati?
                        Ah hum ..... what do I mean? I think your use of a variant of the "N word" speaks to why I questioned you!
                        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Relax !

Being too retro-PC without the historic/comedic reference even being allowed is a little like being homophobic, anti-semitic, or other intolerance. All are extremes of judgement that are just not nice. There is no malice or aforethought within what I wrote. Simply feelings. I am neither homophobic nor racist. And those who know me know that. Geeesssshhhh.

You should try not to be so predictably reactionary, and relax a little. That's the whole problem right now in America these days. All this stress.

I had such a terrific experience. We even sang the Star Spangled Banner, Hawaii Pono I, and America the Beautiful in a big giant sing along. We waved flags, ate candy, and I even filmed a little of it and took some photos for posterity. My daughter was there and had a wonderful time. A real Americana kind of a day.
                          FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Re: Relax !

[...]
                            I had such a terrific experience. We even sang the Star Spangled Banner, Hawaii Pono I, and America the Beautiful in a big giant sing along. We waved flags, ate candy, and I even filmed a little of it and took some photos for posterity. My daughter was there and had a wonderful time. A real Americana kind of a day.
                            Very cool! And you got your point across without using the "N" word! Tim, you weren't born yet when this word was used consistently for hate-mongering. I was. I will never forget it. That word will never have a comedic connotation for me. Ever.

Comment

Thanks Tutu.

But I will stick to my point about predictably reactionary PC jerko's. Political Correctness is the source of friction, not the solution to friction. Terms of affection or endearment, when used in the context of fraternity, are not hateful.

Perhaps I'm too young to have learned hateful, racist behaviors. So therefore I would appreciate it if you would do your best to shield me from your jaded racist views on the world.
                              FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Working...
                              X