Boxes - for moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxes - for moving

Can anyone on HT point us to a supplier of boxes - to pack for moving? Stopped by @ a UPS store (for other purposes) and found they'd be happy to sell me ONE decent sized box for a little more than $5! (Yes, we're combing supermarkets, but looking for perhaps a couple dozen uniform size/appearance boxes.)
    Mahalo.

Re: Boxes - for moving

I love the file storage boxes that can be purchased at office supply stores. They're sturdy, have a separate lid and are folded into place rather than taped. They can also be unfolded and stored for another use.

Comment

Have you tried a U-Haul facility? I've always gone to them for all packing supplies (boxes, wrapping paper, peanuts, bubble wrap, tape, etc). I've done many interstate and intrastate moves here over the years. Boxes are sturdy, uniform in size and I've used them many times over. They're broken down flat in the garage right now just waiting for the next move.

Comment

have you looked at craigslist, under 'free stuff'?

Comment

Freecycle.org

got GREAT boxes for our last move, good sized, clean and free.

Comment

Home Depot
            Lowes
            Office Depot
            OfficeMax
            Staples
            WalMart (sometimes)

They are about $1 to $1,50 here on the mainland.
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Wow - thanks - knew we could count on HT - we have been taken care of!

Comment

There is also GBC with a store at Ala Moana, Pearlridge and main warehouse in Kalihi. I buy boxes there and also bankers boxes at Longs.

Another place to look into is Fisher which I think is Fort Street Mall/Hotel Street where Burger King used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                  [...]
                  Another place to look into is Fisher which I think is Fort Street Mall/Hotel Street where Burger King used to be.
                  I love Fisher's...and it's a local store. It's also located on Cooke St. in Kakaako. Pretty easy parking, too.

Comment

Working...
                  X