Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you doing sitting home on a Friday night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What are you doing sitting home on a Friday night?

Had quite a plumbing problem this week at my house sitting gig. Just moved back in with the intent to clean up the mess but my back is also a mess. The MRI results today proved it! I'm chillin' tonight. The clean-up can wait another day! Thank goodness the plumbers did a little bit of it.

Comment

I'm usually home on friday nite - but tonite I have a nice bottle of Barefoot Cellars Pinot Grigo, some pita chips & hummus. Yeah, I'm not cool either. but, I'm having a very nice evening!
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Editing and editing and editing my third book. It's exhausting. But we're probably within 10 days of sending it off to the printers!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          Had quite a plumbing problem this week at my house sitting gig. Just moved back in with the intent to clean up the mess but my back is also a mess. The MRI results today proved it! I'm chillin' tonight. The clean-up can wait another day! Thank goodness the plumbers did a little bit of it.
          Yours and mine! Did you take any of the little boxes of mints they had at InVision? They're really good mints! Although I really wanted to snag that
          magnum of Silver Oak Cab! Sorry to hear your results weren't good, it's not
          a good club to belong to

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
            Yours and mine! Did you take any of the little boxes of mints they had at InVision? They're really good mints! Although I really wanted to snag that
            magnum of Silver Oak Cab! Sorry to hear your results weren't good, it's not
            a good club to belong to
            Oh poop! I didn't see the mints nor was I offered any. I WANT MY MINTS! Doc wants to send me to radiology for an epidural of cortisone to be injected into the ligament that runs next to my spinal cord. SAY WHAT? No freakin' way 'til I research and try alternative treatments first!

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
              but tonite I have a nice bottle of Barefoot Cellars Pinot Grigo, some pita chips & hummus.
              That is a frequent Friday afternoon Cocktail Hour menu at matapule's fale. Uaifi like hummus, eat'um all up liki liki.

Doc wants to send me to radiology for an epidural of cortisone to be injected into the ligament that runs next to my spinal cord. SAY WHAT?!
              I used to had cortisone injections up INSIDE my nose for severe allergies. But know more. Last year had cortisone injection in my shoulder blade for bursitis. Know more hurts. It weren't so bad and it will help, close to being a miracle almost.
              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Friday night, my mother came into town for her birthday, so we took her to dinner. Today, we are headed about an hour south to emcee a concert with Keoki Kahumoku, Herb Ohta Jr. & Patrick Landeza. Tomorrow, we come back to Seattle for the annual Live Aloha festival at Seattle Center, where I am playing with three different bands. (And my mother is along for all of this; we'll probably dance hula together at some point --- scary, no?)

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                  [...]
                  I used to had cortisone injections up INSIDE my nose for severe allergies. But know more. Last year had cortisone injection in my shoulder blade for bursitis. Know more hurts. It weren't so bad and it will help, close to being a miracle almost.
                  The last time I had a cortisone injection I ended up in the ER with a reaction. That was at least 25 years ago and I'm nowhere close to be willing to go thru that again! My current doc isn't concerned about the previous reaction. Of course he's not. He doesn't have to go thru it! But...INSIDE your nose, matapule? <faint!>

Comment

But...INSIDE your nose, matapule? <faint!>
                    Yes, that's right Tutu. So far up in the nasal passage that I had to sign a release for the doctor acknowledging that if he hit the optic nerve (and I went blind) I would not hold him responsible! But I was desperate! I got relief within 5 minutes after the injection. Went through this once a year for FIVE years!

I don't have a seasonal allergy problem anymore. But..........
                    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

The last time I had a cortisone injection I ended up in the ER with a reaction. That was at least 25 years ago and I'm nowhere close to be willing to go thru that again! My current doc isn't concerned about the previous reaction. Of course he's not. He doesn't have to go thru it! But...INSIDE your nose, matapule? <faint!>
                      I've had them up and down my spine and in my knee caps, did not enjoy
                      the experience but they did help. That nasal injection sounds frightening!

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post

I don't have a seasonal allergy problem anymore. But..........
                        Hey, Tutusue may be too polite to point it out but when I see your avatar I'm thinking the injections were not the cause. Your mother told you, right?
                        sigpicIt's slowly dawned on me that we won the real estate lottery!

Comment

Working...
                        X