Inception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inception

The movie Inception opened on July 16, 2010.

Re: Inception

Surprisingly, it opened in England before here. Danyl Johnson and his boyfriend went to the premiere in London.

Comment

Saw it Friday. Very good (not excellent) film; need to see it again Tuesday. The less you know about it, the better. But you should see it with someone so you have someone to discuss it with afterward.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

By far the box office champ on its opening weekend.

Comment

Saw it this afternoon with a friend at the Ward Theatre.

This movie you need to pay attention since it shows different storylines happening at the same time.

Comment

Well done movie. I liked the cinematography. The ending was ok; it's difficult to end most movies well.

I'd watch it again, though not in the theater.
            "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
            "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
            "
            Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Just saw this one today, because my significant other dragged me along.

Lots of CGI eye-candy, with multi-layered action sequences that's supposed to make the audience think they are taking in some sophisticated, intricate plot. I found it all to be one convoluted mess that's barely more comprehensible than Matrix Reloaded or The One.

But this is coming from a person who also thought (and still thinks) The Piano was a piece of celluloid trash.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I didn't fully enjoy this movie on the first viewing, but on the second I decided it's a classic on par with The Beach. That top ain't ever gonna stop again.
                May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

I liked this movie a lot, but think it gets too much credit as being smart rather than gimmicky. Of course, others have said the same thing about "Memento," which I loved, so one person's gimmick is obviously another person's brilliance.

It's a great puzzle, a visual feast, and a fantastic ride, but the story in many ways has less depth, IMHO, than the world it depicts. I like Leo, but the "dark love story" aspect in particular felt flat.

Perhaps I'm still mostly bothered by the very end of the film, the moment that a lot of people find exasperating or shocking or awesome. People see it as the entire film's "central mystery," while I see it as the film's weakest point. Right there, we're ripped right out of the movie and story, because we're getting winked at by the director. It's self-consciously clever. "Ha! Guess you'll never know!"

If you haven't seen the movie, this may be spoilery...

Instead of making the end of the movie be about what the director is withholding from the viewer, I've personally felt a better ending would still leave the ambiguity, but make it resonate with the plot: Cobb decides he doesn't want to know himself, grabs the top, and puts it in his pocket.

We, the audience, are still deliciously deprived of knowing the truth of the situation, but through an act that makes sense for the character. After all Cobb has been through, he doesn't care what's real anymore. He just wants to be done with asking.

Comment

12 Movies That Are So Confusing, You'll Need a Map to Follow the Plot (msn.com)

This movie is my nomination for what in tarnation is going on.

Comment

Working...
                    X