Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ex-teammate becomes more successful

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
    Most of the CHEERS gang seems to have hit a rut too.
    Kelsey Grammer kept his character of Frasier Crane going for several more years on the spin-off series Frasier. Of course this past year he tried another series and I think it flopped after 3 episodes.

Woody Harrelson has had some success on big screen movies, none of which I probably saw.

And Kirstie Alley had a somewhat successful run in another series called Veronica's Closet. I think now she is doing either a weight loss TV series or commercials...

Well none of these cast members enjoyed phenomenal success after Cheers closed its doors.

At least I think that says more than the cast of Seinfeld...I think only Jerry Seinfeld has some success doing his comedy show in Vegas from time to time.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
      After the original Star Trek series was cancelled, about the only actor to break out of the Star Trek mold was William Shatner who went on to star in several other TV shows (TJ Hooker,
      The supporting cast had Heather Locklear and Adrian Zemed. Heather Locklear became Heather be thy name.

I'd question any of the FRIENDS having much success after the series ended, Courtney Cox is the only one who actually has a steady gig right now? Hasnt the only hit movie Jennifer Aniston been in is MARLEY & ME and the movie was about a dog instead of her? Maybe that is why it was so successful, despite her.
      http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/matthew-per...ne-panel--1440

An update on the Friends cast.
      It seems like Jennifer Aniston, Sandra Bullock, or Kate Hudson have been in every romantic comedy movie in the past few years.

Comment

I'd question any of the FRIENDS having much success after the series ended, Courtney Cox is the only one who actually has a steady gig right now? Hasnt the only hit movie Jennifer Aniston been in is MARLEY & ME and the movie was about a dog instead of her? Maybe that is why it was so successful, despite her. [...]
        Au contraire! Actors can and are extremely successful without steady gigs. Jennifer Aniston is one of those!

Comment

My dislike for both the FRIENDS and SEINFELD shows come out in my posts. I watched both shows a few times and just could not get into them. I did like Julia Louis Dreyfus, hope I'm spelling her name right when she was on SNL and Michael Richards when he was on FRIDAYS.

Sorry, I dont get the appeal of Aniston other than the fact she is good looking.

I digress, back on topic you can say that Donny Osmond's career took off after he left the Osmonds group, yet he will always be known as part of the Donny & Marie duo....

Justin Timberlake since leaving N'SYNCH hashad a huge career....

Comment

My dislike for both the FRIENDS and SEINFELD shows come out in my posts. I watched both shows a few times and just could not get into them.[...]
            Like you, I didn't follow either show even tho' I worked with Jerry during the heyday of Seinfeld. That man is innately funny and such a nice guy. We (the crew) laughed so hard thruout most of the shoot that I shoulda bought stock in Depends! Truly a memorable job for all the right reasons. Both Aniston and Seinfeld have been financially successful whether it's in front of the camera or behind it.

Comment

Iz post-Makaha Sons.
              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                Iz post-Makaha Sons.
                Speaking of Iz - I walked into the lab the other day and my students (who like to put up 'new' music to see if I know who it is) had Over the Rainbow playing.

More on topic - Julia Louise Dreyfus has enjoyed some success after Seinfeld with The New Adventures of Old Christine.

Then there is the sister duo of Melissa and Sarah Gilbert. Melissa hasn't done much since Little House on the Prairie, while Sarah has had decent roles on Rosanne, ER and Big Bang Theory.

Comment

I'd question any of the FRIENDS having much success after the series ended, Courtney Cox is the only one who actually has a steady gig right now? Hasnt the only hit movie Jennifer Aniston been in is MARLEY & ME and the movie was about a dog instead of her? Maybe that is why it was so successful, despite her.
                  I'll just say that Aniston was ranked #26 in Forbes' 100 most powerful celebrities. None of the other cast member of Friends (not even Cox) made that list.

And while it's true that Aniston has been involved in some box office duds, those failures and disappointments are magnified due to her high profile and the media scrutiny that accompanies it. In the meantime, the other Friends actors who put out some truly dreadful movies (Matt LeBlanc's Ed, to name just one) didn't get anywhere near the attention that Aniston's weaker efforts received.

Don't forget McCallum is on a hit series right now with NCIS, but I get what you mean.
                  Actually, I'm well aware of McCallum being on NCIS..... in a supporting role. And if he didn't have the good fortune on hooking onto that successful series, his career would have been largely that of a perennial TV guest star/character actor and voiceover work. But Vaughn had much more meatier and memorable roles as either a leading man or the villain. And in my book, that elevates Vaughn way above that of McCallum.

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                  Iz post-Makaha Sons.
                  At least the Makaha Sons were able to adapt and soldier on after Iz departed. The same can't be said for the Hawaiian Style Band, when Sistah Robi left.

Jake Shimabukuro has gone on to far greater local and international recognition as a solo artist, as compared to the time spent in groups like Pure Heart and Colon.

My significant other mentions C&K. No doubt Henry Kapono has been much more prolific as a solo artist compared to Cecilio Rodriguez. But even the best of Kapono's solo work absolutely pales in comparison to the magic and chemistry that the duo had when they worked together full-time.
                  This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I think it's safe to say that one Beamer Brother has had a more ... let's call it, "enduring" ... career than the other. Which is a shame, because the other is also very talented, and it's sad that the two brothers have been estranged for so long.

Comment

John Travolta left the sweathogs behind in Welcome Back Kotter.
                      Leonardo Dicaprio felt like he was in an inception in Growing Pains.
                      George Clooney surge ahead of a talented cast of ER.

Comment

LUCILLE BALL continued her TV success in front of the camera while ex-hubby DESI ARNAZ found his calling behind it as a director and producer. I don't believe he ever had an acting part of significance after I LOVE LUCY.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post

George Clooney surge ahead of a talented cast of ER.
                          Clooney was on two ER tv series, one in 1984 on CBS with Elliot Gould which was a funny show I thought, then he had a stint on the Facts of Life, Sisters and of course the ER medical series everyone remembers.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                            LUCILLE BALL continued her TV success in front of the camera while ex-hubby DESI ARNAZ found his calling behind it as a director and producer. I don't believe he ever had an acting part of significance after I LOVE LUCY.
                            The things I remember seeing him on were shows like ALICE or SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE, one time appearences here and there.

Comment

Denzel Washington and Helen Hunt of St. Elsewhere became Oscar winners. Howie Mandel made his fortune asking models to open suitcases.

Comment

Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniack founded Apple Computer, Inc. in 1976. Both were there until the early 1980s. I think Woz left first, went into other things and had moderate success.

Jobs was fired by the CEO in 1985. Went and formed his own company NeXT which did not do very well until 1997 when Gil Amelio then CEO of Apple bought NeXT to get the technology for the next OS. Jobs was part of the deal and he ended up on the board.

Shortly after he became "interim" CEO and moved Apple in new directions to where it is today as a multi-billion dollar electronics firm selling computers, music players and cell phones. So I guess Steve Jobs is pretty darn successful.
                                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X