Roadrunner going down in quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadrunner going down in quality

Are there some issues with Roadrunner service lately? The past couple of months my VoIP quality has gone down and after doing some tests it shows that Roadrunner's quality is really crappy nowadays.

Broadband service like RR should have Quality of Service at: >85%

However, lately I've only been getting a QoS average of 40-60%.

Anyone else noticing this decrease in quality?
    kiddori

Re: Roadrunner going down in quality

Most recently is the problem of the cut cable (which is laid in water 3,000 feet deep). The rerouting seems to be holding, but I'd think it would be slowing things down. As far as the last few months, I have not noticed much of change.
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Yes I have noticed a change, much slower connection and being offline for long periods of time. However, often when I reboot the PC, it seems to get fixed. Is it a coincidence that with slower service they have ads running that you can get better and faster service for a higher fee?

Comment

I'm surprised there is still speed issues with Oceanic Time Warner Cable's service. OTW orginally had to re-route connections to Los Angeles (and back to Hawaii) after Wavecom/TwTelecom's fiber was damaged.

However, they temporarily leased 70Gbps of bandwidth from Sandwich Isles Communications (via their Paniolo submarine fiber-optic network) until the Wavecom/TWTelecom fiber is repaired.
        Check out my blog on Kona issues :
        The Kona Blog

Comment

It appears the FCC site is being flaky. So, I uploaded the document on to my blog. This document shows Oceanic is leasing 70Gbps of bandwidth from SIC to service Maui and the Big Island.
          Check out my blog on Kona issues :
          The Kona Blog

Comment

Working...
          X