Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abercrombie vs. Hanneman: Poll Position?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Abercrombie vs. Hanneman: Poll Position?

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
    Mufi is the better candidate.
    But will make a far worse Gov., no matter how bad Neil could ever be.
    We've seen more than enuf of Mufi's pathetic and half-term 'leadership' as a 'here today gone tomorrow' stepping stone Mayor.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
      Mahalo, guys. The fact that neither of you could name a single item on Neil’s agenda, makes me more certain that Mufi is the better candidate.
      The only thing I heard from Goofy Mufi is that he's going to complete the rail project....
      Wasn't that what he said in his mayoral campaign?
      Maybe after we elect him US President, we will have rail.... but don't hold your breath.

"The Mayor For Rail," after 1.5 terms, has NOT laid a single rail track. HE QUIT! Do you expect better from him after he is governor?????

His campaign pledge:
      "DO WE NEED IT?
      CAN WE AFFORD IT?"

I do NOT see any way in which he has lived up to his promises.
      (Unless doing nothing qualifies)

If I am wrong, please enlighten me.
      Last edited by Kaonohi; August 20, 2010, 02:16 PM. Reason: Mufi Sucks!
      Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
      ~ ~
      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/h...residents.html

I hope this is not how Mr. Mayor shows that he's the man of the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
          http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/h...residents.html

I hope this is not how Mr. Mayor shows that he's the man of the people.
          I predict that before the election there will be The First Annual 'Mufi Sucks' Day Parade.

Comment

my vote will be for Mh and not for na and for mayor,wont be for pp,only for Kc who's acting mayor. if Mh and acting mayor kc win's,i'll

if someone compete's against them,i'll still vote for my candidate's and for our district,i have one vote who will be for someone from my former hs.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Mufi's "Compare and Decide" campaign flyer gets bi-partisan flak from Inouye and Lingle.

Mufi only makes things worse by saying "sorry" during his debate with Neil, but not actually apologizing.

"If we caused that kind of uneasiness and suffering from some people who saw it that way, certainly, it's regrettable, and I'm sorry if it caused you that kind of feeling,” Hannemann said. “On the other hand, there were people who were saying that's exactly what we need to see more of. We need to see the differences between the two of you."
              To balance the city's budget, outgoing mayor Mufi quadruples the property taxes on some Kalihi residents.

Me thinks this spells the end for Goofy Mufi and his drive for the governorship.

AFAIAC, good riddance!
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

hi in a response to this thread,

imoh.my vote if for mh and for mayor,kc is he mh and kc as mayor will be both good in their job's,unlike na who if was gov,that he'll make us wait a number of year's for rail like how when former and deceased mayor ff since his plan for rail was voted on except for one rmansho who voted no,would anyone think that we'd wait for if na was gov that we'd wait another # of year's for rail,i wouldnt think it would be appropriate,. we'll need mh and acting mayor who must be mayor kc to be in this job's so we'd get rail and the economy back to where it should be since lingle will be out as gov since serving her term.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

mixedplatebroker and i are pro-rail, hence having voted for mufi (with many reservations) in the past. we're also anti-discrimination and anti-hate, so we're abandoning hannemann in preference for abercrombie.
                  superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Caught the tail end of a radio message where the current acting mayor was telling listeners what he was DOING while now in control....

1. Coating street signs with a clear substance so graffiti wipes right off so the city can SAVE $100,000 a year by not having to replace street signs ruined by graffiti.

2. Checking out and then ordering the necessary repairs to guard rails, etc., at Hanauma Bay.

He mentioned some other things he was doing now that he could call the shots; it sounded good!

"Acting" mayor? Sure sounds like he's taking action, but now I'm thinking that maybe Mufi was "The Acting Mayor," as in he was acting, pretending to be mayor while all he was doing was climbing the political ladder. Oh yes, and a singer, too... that really helped the City... (I think we could have gotten Don Ho cheaper).
                    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                    ~ ~
                    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

hi, in response to this thread,

i wont be voting for na is he'd like us to wait a # of year's for rail and i'd think he would enjoy for everyone like when ffasi's rail campaign didnt go through thank's to rmansho and we had to wait a # of year's till mufi,would anyone wish to wait a # of year's till we get someone to become a good gov like mufi would be able to revisit rail again?
                      I would think no one would wish for this.

i do agree that kc acting mayor would do many thing's only he'll keep rail and bring it forth so no one would be in trafficgridlock.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                        would anyone wish to wait a # of year's till we get someone to become a good gov like mufi would be able to revisit rail again?
                        We'd have to wait at least a # of lifetimes before Mufi became a good anything.
                        And I'll be happy to wait for a better designed rail system and one that is more encompassing of the island. Limited as it is it's nearly pointless.

This virtually secretive land rezoning stinkup ala Mufi will become a deserved nightmare for him.
                        sansei, how would you like him if your tax suddenly went thru the roof and forced you and your family out of your home?
                        Last edited by Ron Whitfield; August 23, 2010, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                          This virtually secretive land rezoning stinkup ala Mufi will become a deserved nightmare for him.
                          sansei, how would you like him if your tax suddenly went thru the roof and forced you and your family out of your home?
                          If Sansei was told that being taxed out of his house and home would make more room for Mufi's rail project, he'll probably be okay with that.

In the meantime, acting mayor Kirk Caldwell's handling of this matter isn't anything to write home about.

Acting Mayor Kirk Caldwell announced today he is proposing a bill that would give a credit toward future tax bills to property owners subjected to a new rate four times higher than in previous years.

Caldwell said, however, the property owners must first pay the taxes now due after a reclassification of their homes and apartment buildings to qualify for the credit. The deadline for the first installment is today.
                          Oh, one can easily tell that Mr. Caldwell has so many friends and acquiantances living on a fixed income. He must have, to assume that retirees and everyone else living SS check to SS check has a bundle of money on hand to pay off this year's property tax and to wait for next year's credit to kick in.

No, Mr. Mayor. That is certainly not looking out for the little guy. As a matter of fact, it reeks of the same kind of arrogrance that your predecessor has become infamous for. Not a good way to kick off your administration.

For a long time, I was undecided between Carlisle and Caldwell for mayor. But now, if Caldwell doesn't take care of this situation in the proper manner before election day rolls around, Carlisle's got my vote.
                          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

hi in response to rwhitfield,

i wouldnt have this problem is we're in a zone that would be for updated buse's is rail isnt able to come through where we live. from where my other relative's from eva to town,they need it and this is a reason i'd vote mh gov and kc mayor,.hope this may help with your thought's?

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Is Mufi acting like a high mucky muck because he attended an Ivy League university like his idol George W?
                              Wasn't there a local rising star politician who attended an Ivy League school too who got into trouble with gambling and drugs? I can't remember his name.

Comment

Neil also supports the rail by the way. Some here are speaking as if he doesn't.
                                The difference is that his administration won't shove it down peoples throats.

Personally I never expect anyone to have the exact same beliefs as I do. I have been married after all.
                                But the congressman is a more sincere person and will bring us all into the process rather than using strongman, mufioso tactics. The color brochure Mufi's camp put out was really bad, and they know it.
                                By the way, I live on the beautiful valley Isle and I already cast my vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X