View Poll Results: Who do you think is best for Democratic contendor for Governor?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Neal Abercrombie

23 57.50%
  • Mufi Hanneman

10 25.00%
  • Some other Democratic candidate

2 5.00%
  • I wouldn't support any of these slime

5 12.50%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Abercrombie vs. Hanneman: Poll Position?

Cool Abercrombie vs. Hanneman: Poll Position?

Time to take the pulse of HT and see where we beat.

Front runners in Democratic Governor bids are obvious, but the vocalizations (typificacions?) here are not so easy to tie down. Everyone seems to be diligently supporting their chosen candidate, but I'd like a more scientific analysis. Hence, a poll.

At this point in time would you rather vote in the primary for Neal or Mufi?

Three choices, in case you would rather vote for someone else; four in case you choose to refrain.

Enjoy. I know I will.

O(ld) K
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Default Re: Abercrombie vs. Hanneman: Poll Position?

I'm still here. Are you?

sansei Guest

hi,i voted for mufi since he'd be the best gov. if their was a poll for mayor's,my vote would be for acting mayor kc.

well thank's for your time

sansei, did you vote for Mufi three times?! ()

Not too excited this election. Old Neal has ads against him that report him as being little more than other people's tool in congress and a follower's follower. Always far away from being a "mover and shaker" and avoiding leadership rolls. I can't say those ads aren't true and nor can Neil.

And as for Mufi's "replacement", none other than digging up an old, hardheaded fossil. Kirk Caldwell wasn't even competent enough to get 15 signatures and file for office before the 4:00 deadline, loosing both his house representative seat and city council bid due to his own gross incompetence in 2008. In guess there's no 15 IQ point minimum for office but there is a 15 constituent signature minimum requirement/deadline and even that was too much for Kirkyboy. Do want a guy that can't even complete a simple task that's he's done before and had months of warning to do to be our next mayor?

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaKine View Post
    Neal has ads against him that report him as being little more than other people's tool in congress and a follower's follower. Always far away from being a "mover and shaker" and avoiding leadership rolls.
    I agree with that. Neil hasn't impressed in a long time, but compared to Mufi he's certainly got more true hopes/promise towards making Hawaii better for all and in more sensible ways.
    Mufi has been lousy as Mayor, maybe the worst ever, totally bogus passion and ineffective, who needs that resume towards our Governorship? He often says he's for the people but he not, it's all about him furthering his political life and leaving us in the dust, period.

Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna

Mufi stayed in Hawaii...Neil didn't...

Neil knows more about Congress...Mufi doesn't

Neil cut his ponytail...Mufi plays basketball

Mufi is more local than Neil

Neil is more polished than Mufi

Actually, who does Dan Inouye support?
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    Mufi stayed in Hawaii...Neil didn't...
    Mufi wishes he could have left hawaii

Neil knows more about Congress...Mufi doesn't
    Mufi doesn't... listen to anyone.

Neil cut his ponytail...Mufi plays basketball
    Mufi once played basketball

Mufi is more local than Neil
    Loco maybe but Local? I don't know.

Neil is more polished than Mufi
    Needs no comment

Actually, who does Dan Inouye support?
    Neither because Inouye finally found out that Mufi goes behind people's
    back.

Oahu now part of the traffic problem in lower Puna

Quote Originally Posted by D'Alani View Post
    Neither because Inouye finally found out that Mufi goes behind people's
    back.

not even Neil? WW!!
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Question Re: Abercrombie vs. Hanneman: Poll Position?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    Neil hasn't impressed in a long time, but compared to Mufi he's certainly got more true hopes/promise towards making Hawaii better for all and in more sensible ways.
    Your bias towards Mufi aside, Ron, what are some of these ‘hopes and promises’ for Hawai‘i that Neil has mapped out? Frankly, I find your post laughable and absurd, but I’m willing to forget Abercrombie’s dubious record of chasing Dan Inouye’s shadow and humor you for a moment. Any details?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Quote Originally Posted by TuNnL View Post
    Your bias towards Mufi aside, Ron, what are some of these ‘hopes and promises’ for Hawai‘i that Neil has mapped out? Frankly, I find your post laughable and absurd, but I’m willing to forget Abercrombie’s dubious record of chasing Dan Inouye’s shadow and humor you for a moment. Any details?
    Mufi sucks. How's that?

what are some of these ‘hopes and promises’ for Hawai‘i that Neil has mapped out?
    Not speaking for Ron -

Neil has not said a lot lately. I understand his coffers are not as full as Mufi's, and he may be holding back for a late push.

All I've seen from Mufi is plenty of slick slam-ads (disguised as non-partisan evaluations) bragging about why he's so good and slamming Neil because (among other one-upmanship tactics) he won a contest for having the best beard! Is this guy for real?

One thing we can say for sure: Neil has no problem being himself rather than kowtowing to someone else's standards. I like that.
    ~ ~

Quote Originally Posted by Kaonohi View Post
    slamming Neil because (among other one-upmanship tactics) he won a contest for having the best beard! Is this guy for real?
    I'm less of a NA supporter today than I was 2 weeks ago, but still see him as better than the choices we've had for decades. I'll vote for him with fingers crossed.

Mufi is probably the biggest crybaby/closet bully, and petty spitting contestant I've ever seen.

In some thread from a while back, a bunch of people were complaining about Mufi and some policy. And 'Mufi' sounds like a Muppet.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Lightbulb Re: Abercrombie vs. Hanneman: Poll Position?

Ron, what are some of these ‘hopes and promises’ for Hawai‘i that Neil has mapped out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaonohi View Post
    Not speaking for Ron - Neil has not said a lot lately ... Neil has no problem being himself
    ...meaning being part of the Old boy network?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    I'm less of a NA supporter today than I was 2 weeks ago
    Mahalo, guys. The fact that neither of you could name a single item on Neil’s agenda, makes me more certain that Mufi is the better candidate.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Mufi is the better candidate.
    But will make a far worse Gov., no matter how bad Neil could ever be.
    We've seen more than enuf of Mufi's pathetic and half-term 'leadership' as a 'here today gone tomorrow' stepping stone Mayor.

Question Re: Abercrombie vs. Hanneman: Poll Position?

Mahalo, guys. The fact that neither of you could name a single item on Neil’s agenda, makes me more certain that Mufi is the better candidate.
    The only thing I heard from Goofy Mufi is that he's going to complete the rail project....
    Wasn't that what he said in his mayoral campaign?
    Maybe after we elect him US President, we will have rail.... but don't hold your breath.

"The Mayor For Rail," after 1.5 terms, has NOT laid a single rail track. HE QUIT! Do you expect better from him after he is governor?????

His campaign pledge:
    "DO WE NEED IT?
    CAN WE AFFORD IT?"

I do NOT see any way in which he has lived up to his promises.
    (Unless doing nothing qualifies)

If I am wrong, please enlighten me.
    Last edited by Kaonohi; August 20th, 2010 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Mufi Sucks!
    ~ ~

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/h...residents.html

I hope this is not how Mr. Mayor shows that he's the man of the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/h...residents.html

I hope this is not how Mr. Mayor shows that he's the man of the people.
    I predict that before the election there will be The First Annual 'Mufi Sucks' Day Parade.

sansei Guest

my vote will be for Mh and not for na and for mayor,wont be for pp,only for Kc who's acting mayor. if Mh and acting mayor kc win's,i'll

if someone compete's against them,i'll still vote for my candidate's and for our district,i have one vote who will be for someone from my former hs.

Mufi's "Compare and Decide" campaign flyer gets bi-partisan flak from Inouye and Lingle.

Mufi only makes things worse by saying "sorry" during his debate with Neil, but not actually apologizing.

"If we caused that kind of uneasiness and suffering from some people who saw it that way, certainly, it's regrettable, and I'm sorry if it caused you that kind of feeling,” Hannemann said. “On the other hand, there were people who were saying that's exactly what we need to see more of. We need to see the differences between the two of you."
    To balance the city's budget, outgoing mayor Mufi quadruples the property taxes on some Kalihi residents.

Me thinks this spells the end for Goofy Mufi and his drive for the governorship.

AFAIAC, good riddance!
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

sansei Guest

hi in a response to this thread,

imoh.my vote if for mh and for mayor,kc is he mh and kc as mayor will be both good in their job's,unlike na who if was gov,that he'll make us wait a number of year's for rail like how when former and deceased mayor ff since his plan for rail was voted on except for one rmansho who voted no,would anyone think that we'd wait for if na was gov that we'd wait another # of year's for rail,i wouldnt think it would be appropriate,. we'll need mh and acting mayor who must be mayor kc to be in this job's so we'd get rail and the economy back to where it should be since lingle will be out as gov since serving her term.

Well thank's for your time

living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker

mixedplatebroker and i are pro-rail, hence having voted for mufi (with many reservations) in the past. we're also anti-discrimination and anti-hate, so we're abandoning hannemann in preference for abercrombie.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Caught the tail end of a radio message where the current acting mayor was telling listeners what he was DOING while now in control....

1. Coating street signs with a clear substance so graffiti wipes right off so the city can SAVE $100,000 a year by not having to replace street signs ruined by graffiti.

2. Checking out and then ordering the necessary repairs to guard rails, etc., at Hanauma Bay.

He mentioned some other things he was doing now that he could call the shots; it sounded good!

"Acting" mayor? Sure sounds like he's taking action, but now I'm thinking that maybe Mufi was "The Acting Mayor," as in he was acting, pretending to be mayor while all he was doing was climbing the political ladder. Oh yes, and a singer, too... that really helped the City... (I think we could have gotten Don Ho cheaper).
    ~ ~

sansei Guest

hi, in response to this thread,

i wont be voting for na is he'd like us to wait a # of year's for rail and i'd think he would enjoy for everyone like when ffasi's rail campaign didnt go through thank's to rmansho and we had to wait a # of year's till mufi,would anyone wish to wait a # of year's till we get someone to become a good gov like mufi would be able to revisit rail again?
    I would think no one would wish for this.

i do agree that kc acting mayor would do many thing's only he'll keep rail and bring it forth so no one would be in trafficgridlock.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast