This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UH Survey on HawaiiThreads

I'm wondering if the delays in some of the certs being mailed out is that the guy doing it has to get approval from the department or whoever is dishing out the research funds?

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
      I'm wondering if the delays in some of the certs being mailed out is that the guy doing it has to get approval from the department or whoever is dishing out the research funds?
      Or maybe the guy who's doing it is a grad student and only works half days M-W-F, or whatever fits in with his/her class schedule. This research project did start at the beginning of the UH school year. Actually, I'm surprised by how quickly we all got our gift certificates, which to me is actually just a plus. I thought it would take about a month to get it.

Comment

I thought it'd take two weeks to a month as well.

Comment

Got my gift certificate!

Comment

Originally posted by alohacandy View Post
            Got my gift certificate!
            Me too! Thanks Ryan for the referral.

Comment

Thanks to all of you for participating, and for being so thoughtful and supportive. I'm generally reluctant to send e-mails to the community (someone replied that they don't think they've ever received one!), so the fact that this initiative didn't generate a flood of spam complaints is encouraging.

I've sent out one last reminder, as the team really wants to hear from a minimum of 100 people to ensure solid findings. If you already took the survey, I apologize for the duplication.

If not, note that they've extended the $5 bonus so that anyone who takes the survey before the end of the month gets the $25 certificate. I hope you'll consider participating. Further, if you're in touch with a long-time, over-100-post user outside the board, be sure to ping them to make sure they don't miss this opportunity.

I'm very curious to see, in aggregate, the results of the research. Does what we all post here publicly really reflect our attitudes (insofar as they're measured privately via the survey)? Hmm!

Comment

Must admit that I'm surprised that your first email didn't easily generate 100 participants. Come on, Folks, help the cause!

Comment

I appreciate the chance to partake in this! Was quick and painless!
                  flickr

An email from God:
                  To: People of Earth
                  Date: 9/04/2007
                  Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                  God

Comment

Originally posted by Mocha View Post
                    Interesting that it took a survey to bring me back to this site! Hope it brings results that can be used.
                    Same here. I filled out the survey quite a while back but haven't seen the G.C. yet. Is it showing up in people's junk mail? If so, I might not have seen it...

Comment

If you took the survey and are still waiting for your gift certificate, be sure to contact Sun-Ki via email at sunki@hawaii.edu. Just anecdotally, if you use web-based email -- Yahoo! in particular -- spam filters have been unusually aggressive in eating the Amazon email messages.

Comment

Did anyone else receive two Amazon credits? I didn't redeem mine right away, and then I received another one a couple of weeks later. Now I've got two. I asked Ryan what to do about it; he said just to send an email to the researcher and ask. Waiting on a reply.
                        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                          Did anyone else receive two Amazon credits? I didn't redeem mine right away, and then I received another one a couple of weeks later. Now I've got two. I asked Ryan what to do about it; he said just to send an email to the researcher and ask. Waiting on a reply.
                          Yes, I received 2 and have redeemed only one. I received the 2nd one last week. I'll await your reply!

Comment

I received a second gift card last week. I e-mailed the researcher about that and they responded the next day. Apparently, they re-sent the gift card to anyone who had not redeemed the first card. They were worried about cards being in their spam, or maybe not receiving the card.

Supposedly, the second card is the one you should use. The first one will be invalidated. But you might even be able to use the first card and the second will be invalidated. In other words, whichever card you use, the other will automatically not work.

As soon as I learned that, I used my gift card and bought two hardcover books, which I had already decided to buy anyway, but had been dragging my feet.

Comment

I don't remember which one I used; it was after the 2nd one arrived. I just added it to my account 'til I need something.

Comment

Until we have an update on the survey 'results', I'd like to post how I spent my credit - paid for 2 copies of a new Mushroomhead cd (including shipping) to a friend, and part of a safety can opener (for me) and a micro sd card for a blackberry (not mine) - bought together to qualify for free shipping.
                                Last edited by salmoned; October 20, 2010, 11:57 PM.
                                May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Working...
                                X