Comment

Re: UH Survey on HawaiiThreads

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
      Some questions stumped me a little. Such as "Are you touchy?"

Hmmm . . . am I?
      I dunno! Let's fine ou'

No, you okay.
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Done in six. Thanks, Ryan, for involving us.

Comment

That was fun! I like how they asked how emotional you were and then later, how UNemotional you were. They did that on several of the personality traits. Wonder if they were trying to see if we were paying attention.

Comment

Took me about 9 minutes, making sure I voted exactly how I felt. Looking forward to seeing the results when they're done!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              "Are you over-analytical?"!
              Not so much over-analytical, BUT...

I do suffer from CDO; not OCD, but rather the one that puts the letters in the correct alphabetical order, as they should be!

Comment

Already got "paid"!

Comment

Yeah, me too. But I learned that Amazon has bumped the shipping price to Hawai'i for books from $3 to $5. Last few items I bought there were single books with a G/C and I paid shipping rather than try to reach the $25 free shipping threshold. Each time for those books it was $3 shipping and $0.99 handling. When I started to pre-order something tonight for about the same price as one of those last books the total was $5.99 S&H.

Boo and hiss.

Yes, I can and probably will reach the $25 threshold with this freebie, but still.
                  http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

i got mine too and have a couple of books in mind that were already on my list.

Thanks a lot!
                    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Got mine too. I've never bought anything from Amazon. Matter of fact, I don't recall ever going to their website. This should be interesting!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                        Got mine too. I've never bought anything from Amazon. Matter of fact, I don't recall ever going to their website. This should be interesting!
                        I buy a lot from Amazon and have never had a problem. They ship pretty fast too. I try to make sure all my orders ore more than $25 so I don't have to pay shipping - I really hate how we get screwed on shipping to here.
                        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Got my coupon, too. I buy a lot from Amazon. Depending on what you buy, if you buy $25 or more, shipping is free. I never had any problem with Amazon; it's the postal service that causes me grief.

Comment

Amazon is my go-to web site for almost all of my online shopping. It's the first place I check for price and product reviews. Because of it's free shipping w/over $25 purchase policy, it tends to be the most cost effective...not always but enough that I check it first. I also use it for price comparison when I know I'll buy locally.

An example...a decade or so ago I needed a new TV and TV stand for my office. Amazon had a great deal on a lesser known brand, 27" TV ($110) and another great deal on a stylish 3 tier stand ($40). Both were shipped free. Can't remember what company was used for shipping but, regardless, the delivery person schlepped both boxes up the stairs to my 2nd floor office. Free shipping, free delivery. That, alone, was worth not buying locally, which is usually my preference.

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
                              That was fun! I like how they asked how emotional you were and then later, how UNemotional you were. They did that on several of the personality traits. Wonder if they were trying to see if we were paying attention.
                              I was a Psych major in school and learned that this is a common way of structuring personality typing questionnaires. It was a long time ago so I can't remember the "whys" behind it, but the "hows" are they basically bombard you with repetitive questions, many of which are very similar if not the same, but maybe phrased a little differently. They add it all up and then statistically they're able to capture your personality traits. When studying it I had always wondered if that really worked.

Soon after graduation I had an interview with a certain three-lettered Federal agency, but before I got to that point I went through an all-day testing session, part of which was a very detailed personality questionnaire. Think this survey, literally times twenty. So I knew exactly what they were doing, but didn't let it affect my answers.

Cut to many months later, in the actual interview. (Remember I said this was a Federal job, right?) At one point, one of the interviewers opens my file, and says something like "How does this sound?" Then proceeded to list a dozen or so personality traits as described by my testing. It blew my mind. I felt like somebody had cracked open my skull and was staring into my brain. I could not believe how accurate those tests were in describing so many facets of my personality, how I think, etc.

Obviously, this study isn't as thorough, but I'm sure it'll provide some good data as to the HT community. Interested in seeing the results too.

Add my thanks to Ryan for offering us up to the study. I was surprised to see get the email with the Amazon code already!

Comment

I enjoyed completing the survey and the Amazon gift certificate. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X