The City & County of Honolulu Mayor's Race for 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The City & County of Honolulu Mayor's Race for 2010

So Sansei, let me see if I understand you correctly. You vote for candidates based on whether or not they greet you...and NOT based on where they stand on the various issues that confront our C&C and State government?

Comment

like I've said before - he is very politically naive. and there are so many out there just like him.
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I think there's a difference between a politician in campaigning mode and a politician just out in the public like a regular person.

Comment

that's true tutusue,it's how a person's personality that make's you vote for the person,not what he/she did in politic's.

it's also true what walkoffbalk said,and aunapuni808,im not politically naive,i saw this sort of campaigning since i was a youth since when gov then was ariyoshi was in and i've seen it all,all up to current gov ll and i know how politic's are.

im still hoping for kc to become our mayor,not pcarlisile and for lt gov,not bs is he think's he can be like pres o,this is uncalled for and they should've counted the absentee vote's.

well thank's for your time

Comment

(excuse me - I read the posting wrong)
            Last edited by anapuni808; September 18, 2010, 11:25 PM.
            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Besides our own HT poster who has a pretty wacky ways to select candidates, here is the best quote of day:
              Papakolea resident [Gxxx Mxxx], 57, had his mind made up when he arrived to cast his vote at Stevenson Middle School in Makiki.
              “For me, it was basically fireworks,” he said. “I’m for it and I didn’t vote for anybody who’s against it. Even though I don’t participate, it is part of my heritage. So I am for fireworks.
              “I voted for Rod Tam.”
              http://www.staradvertiser.com/electi...yors_race.html

No wonder our country is in the shape it is.
              Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

hi i gotten over the loss only in the general election in 6 week's,i may vote for Gop with d aiona and hoping that if he keep's what he promised on in his add's on tv,then i'll think carefully about it and if he does,i'll then carefull vote for who'd i want and then their wont be any confusion and maybe then my candidate's will be victorious.

im hoping na wont win is if he may or may not become gov, if he may happen to be gov,he'd better keep his promise to keep what he promised on r.il and pcarlisle must keep his promise for r.il or i may put his voice on mute if he's on tv being interviewed like na if he not sure become's gov.i'll also mute his voice also.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Rod Tam picked up an astonishing 2737 votes, about half a point fewer than projections.

I wasn't sure what I'd do until I got to the voting booth, except for what I've already posted in this thread. In the end, I did cast a reluctant vote for Caldwell. I guess I'm okay with the result.
                  But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                    it's how a person's personality that make's you vote for the person,not what he/she did in politic's.
                    I nominate that as the single most stupid and ignorant post ever made on Hawaii Threads.
                    It's close to the one where you said your teachers told you to write the way you do with all those massive mistakes, but.

im not politically naive
                    Yes, you very clearly are.

i know how politic's are.
                    No, you very clearly don't.

im still hoping for kc to become our mayor,not pcarlisile
                    You lost.

and for lt gov,not bs
                    You lost again.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Despite me being one of Auntie Lynn's best friend (who strongly supported Neil Abercrombie), my parents and I were going to vote for Hanneman. But when Hanneman said that if he were governor he would've vetoed the civil unions bill, he lost both my parents and my vote. Instead we all voted for Abercrombie.

Former governor John Burns was a staunch Catholic and disagreed with abortion, but he put his religion aside and allowed abortion to become legal in Hawaii without his signature. If Hanneman took a similar stand to the civil unions bill, then both my parents and I might have still voted for him.
                      Last edited by Beau; September 19, 2010, 09:55 AM.

Comment

And it was great seeing Auntie Lynn's results! She clearly won, with 2400 votes to Chings 592 votes. WOO-HOO!!!!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                          And it was great seeing Auntie Lynn's results! She clearly won, with 2400 votes to Chings 592 votes. WOO-HOO!!!!
                          I agree!!

Too bad she's not in either my district or my parent's, because we would've definitely voted for her!!

Comment

Hopefully, Lynn will also end up with more votes in the upcoming general election.

Good luck, Lynn. Living in Kalihi Valley, I can't vote for you. But I'll be telling my friends living in District 27 to support you.
                            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Beau View Post
                              I agree!!

Too bad she's not in either my district or my parent's, because we would've definitely voted for her!!
                              Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                              Hopefully, Lynn will also end up with more votes in the upcoming general election.

Good luck, Lynn. Living in Kalihi Valley, I can't vote for you. But I'll be telling my friends living in District 27 to support you.
                              Mahalo Beau, LikaNui and Frankie's Market!

I will work hard canvassing, sign waving and doing my best to get my information out. I just came back from the Unity Breakfast at the Manoa Ballroom. All the Democrat Candidates filled the room and saw Mufi and Gayle arrive. Standing ovation and continued ovation when Neil met him at the door. Then complete silence. The standing ovations were repeated many times through-out the morning. Unified. New Wave. A New Beginning.

The Time of Change Has Begun.

Lynn Vasquez
                              Candidate, District 27 (D)
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Beau View Post
                                Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                                Congrats, Aunty! And on that note, please take Frankie’s well wishes to heart. LikaNui crunches some exciting numbers, but remember, there were also a substantial amount of blank votes. There’s still much work to do!

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                                USA TODAY, page 2A
                                11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                                X