X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The City & County of Honolulu Mayor's Race for 2010

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    AFAIAC, it is now Carlisle all the way.
    Well, maybe not the Bob Jones way. The ex-news anchor and Midweek® columnist Frankie loves to hate is predicting a Caldwell win.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Comment

tutu - you right; he's sooo identified w Honolulu Hale of late that my synapses (sp?) snapped.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
        tutu - you right; he's sooo identified w Honolulu Hale of late that my synapses (sp?) snapped.
        Heh. My synapses snapped years ago. Welcome to the club!

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
          So does that also put Carlisle, Djou, Apo, Kobayashi all in the same pool?
          I cannot respect anyone who terminates their promises prematurely simply because of a desire to advance their political standing/ government salary/ future opportunities/ et al.

IF YOU PRESENT YOUSELF TO BE ELECTED FOR A JOB, AND WE f**n ELECT YOU, AS REQUESTED, THEN I EXPECT YOU TO FINISH THE JOB FOR WHICH WE ELECTED YOU!!!!!

If that reqiires a time of unemployment if you change your mind, well - SUCK IT UP! I been there, done that, more than you. GET IN TOUCH!

"THE JOB" is to 'serve the people,' it is NOT to 'climb the ladder.'

We Hawai`i voters are so much uneducated, so scammed, spammed and fooled, we believe anything, and reap the whirlwind.

I* applaud the STAR-ADVERTISER for it's Sunday suppliment outlining the candidates. GOOD WORK!, SA!!!!!

It's not enough to elect a-holes by sign name recognition (though that is what we do). We Need to elect by promises, stances, direction and stuff.

Ths is not the "Deep South," where we elect people by KKK membership; we have a cultural imperative to do what is "right," for all. `Ai Pono.

We need better schools, we need spending restraint, lower taxes, we need many things, and our so-called leaders are promising 'pie-in-the-sky.'

I won't get partisan here, but after the Sunday Suppliment it is obviuous that few have OUR interests in mind. If you find one, let me know.

Ka`onohi
          looking for a better future.
          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
          ~ ~
          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

hi my vote will be for kc acting mayor and not someone who doesnt wish to be with rail,he's someone who doesnt wish for rail,in my book,that's uncalled for. if it's acting mayor kc.and if mh is elected for gov,he'll fullfill with acting mayor kc to fullfill deceased mayor ff's vision.

if it happened that pp used is strongarm tactic's.that's also uncalled for like r tam who'd put rail on hold until he think's he'd fix everything like road's and gridlock.

well thank's for your time

Comment

PP is an automobile traffic engineer, of course he doesn't like trains. Extremely biased, obviously. Don't make the mistake of voting for the "funny guy/alternative" for your entertainment.
              You can apply any terms to any situation to suit your perspective.

Comment

hi aunapuni808,my vote is truly for kc acting mayor and when my ballot come's in our mail,i'll defenitely vote for the candidate's i know will do good in office,not like pp who once was a auto engineer and pc who once was a former prosecutor and not for tm who was once a good city coucilman and only acting mayor kc get's my vote.

their's other's in my district i'd vote for,only i'll keep it quiet for now.

Comment

"Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
                    Don't make the mistake of voting for the "funny guy/alternative" for your entertainment.
                    It’s obvious Panos is going to lose, so I really don’t see voting for him as a “mistake.” The last time a third party candidate won for any elected office was Keiko Bonk-Abramson in 1992. If anything, it sends a message that voters who are sick and tired of the ‘status quo’ are a much larger block of the electorate than the career politicians want the public to believe. Don’t we have enough lawyers holding office already?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                    USA TODAY, page 2A
                    11 March 1993

Comment

hi just received a flyer from none other than pp's campaign and i put it in our box that we put for our trash and i only kept mh's flyer from his campaign so i thought to share this with you.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

hi i just listened to the mayoral debate and kc acting mayor bring's up good point's on rail and he would have rail within 6 year's as pc who's running for mayor would have it in a few more year's than this and rt may not wish for rail as pp.

i also had a call for Mh asking me if i'd vote for mh and i said i did in absentee voting and mh's people said thank you and i did point out to her that i've been on rail and that toll booth's and hot lane's and other thing's such as this wouldnt work and she agreed so i thought to share this with everyone.

Comment

I voted for PP on Honolulu Idol because of his singing stylings of Loco Motion.

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                            hi just received a flyer from none other than pp's campaign and i put it in our box that we put for our trash and i only kept mh's flyer from his campaign so i thought to share this with you. Well thank's for your time
                            Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                            I voted for PP on Honolulu Idol because of his singing stylings of Loco Motion.
                            I know this will upset Sansei, but I voted for PP as well.
                            I wrote in Pat Paulsen.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Well with Mufi gone at least we don't have (yet) a mayor who signed on with NYC's Bloomerberg's "Mayors Against Handguns." (Which name has changed with the political tides).
                              Last edited by Kaonohi; September 16, 2010, 07:21 PM. Reason: Didn't know what whgo meant!
                              Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                              ~ ~
                              Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                              Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                              Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
                                PP is an automobile traffic engineer, of course he doesn't like trains. Extremely biased, obviously. Don't make the mistake of voting for the "funny guy/alternative" for your entertainment.
                                Very true, but some of us prefer the bias of an engineer over the bias of a politician or lawyer.

I think the misfit CAN win, don't expect it, but deem it a possibility (cross my fingers!).
                                Last edited by salmoned; September 17, 2010, 03:05 PM.
                                May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Working...
                                X