New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

Thinking that they really need to give some thought/air time to developing Steve McG as they appear to be doing w Danno . . .I liked this week's sgtuff between Danno and ex

Comment

I guess in do time they will. There are still unresloved plot lines and characters to do for this series. For instance:
      • Catching John McGarrett's killer
      • Who was John McGarret checking on?
      • Will Chin Ho's name will be cleared?
      • Is there only one mole within HPD?
      • What ever happen to Mary Ann McGarrett?
      • Will we see more of Dr. Bergman?

Comment

Yeah, I was wondering where McG's sister disappeared to - but could do without the medical examiner - too far out.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
          British or not, I thought the chemistry was pretty good between Claire Van Der Boom and Scott Caan. And I really liked the Side Street mention at the end. Much more genuine and much less forced than the early conversation about malasadas.

The Windows Phone 7 product placement is pretty horrid, though. Daniel Dae Kim practically did a hands-on demo in the middle of the story.
          It's worse than that...

in addition, McG tells him to hold it sideways so the screen reorients.
          Danno takes pictures in the thieves' house and says he uploading and emailing it to McG.

I'm surprised Kono didn't come in and mention how many megapiexels the digital camera had or try to setup a facebook account for Danno in the middle of the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
            I guess in do time they will. There are still unresloved plot lines and characters to do for this series. For instance:
            • Catching John McGarrett's killer
            • Who was John McGarret checking on?
            • Will Chin Ho's name will be cleared?
            • Is there only one mole within HPD?
            • What ever happen to Mary Ann McGarrett?
            • Will we see more of Dr. Bergman?
            stuff I've gleaned and posted on my blog ...more details there

I think there may be one more mole in the HPD...either that, or we'll see more of Jason Scott Lee negotiating information for freedom...

Chin Ho may not have stolen money or taken bribes, but he may have done something else corrupt...

SPOILERS GALORE BELOW

Victor Hesse comes back in episode 12, along with Al Harrington
            John McGarrett's investigation has to do somethign with Wo Fat
            Dr Bergman shows up in next week's episode (12/6).
            Mary Ann McGarrett will somehow be kidnapped and ransomed, possibly by Wo Fat or Cary Hiroyuki-Tagawa's character.

Comment

Originally posted by teeth63a View Post
              [...]
              SPOILERS GALORE BELOW
              [...]
              Just a heads up...there's a spoiler tag in the toolbar above the reply window that will hide the info that shouldn't be seen. It's the red circle with the line thru it. Even with your warning, altho' appreciated, people still need to scroll to the next post which allows them to unwittingly see the info. Just saying...

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I can't seem to go back and edit it. Will make sure to use the spoiler tag next time. This is the first forum I've used with a spoiler tag...

Comment

Originally posted by teeth63a View Post
                  Thanks for the tips. I can't seem to go back and edit it. Will make sure to use the spoiler tag next time. This is the first forum I've used with a spoiler tag...
                  No problem. I think one can edit only during the first hour (or so?) after posting.

Comment

I thought Danno's ex-wife would have been Local, rather than British, judging from the mix appearance of his daughter Grace.
                    She's not a Brit, she's an Aussie (like Alex O) and she sounded like she was just speaking in her regular voice, not putting on an accent - either British or American (which is what I expected when I heard she was going to play the ex-Mrs. Danno.)

I do see your point though. I wonder if they're going to explain how two haole made one hapa baby? Maybe little Grace is adopted or (gasp!) not Danno's!
                    Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
                    My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

yeah - I've been wondering about that too. Also, folks on the mainland must be trying to figure how 2 obviously Asian actors like Kim and Park can be cousins to Samoans. It makes sense to us here but must be puzzling there. If they even notice the difference in looks - you know that old "they all look alike" thing.
                      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by kiwidiva View Post
                        I do see your point though. I wonder if they're going to explain how two haole made one hapa baby? Maybe little Grace is adopted or (gasp!) not Danno's!
                        More so, I was hoping that there is some "Hawaiian" connection in Hawaii Five-O.

Like that (haole) cop that got killed (Danno's friend). He had a local (hapa-Japanese) looking wife. Very believable. Fit's in nicely.

Comment

Like that (haole) cop that got killed (Danno's friend). He had a local (hapa-Japanese) looking wife. Very believable. Fit's in nicely.
                          Yes, that was Dichen Lachman, she's Australian too.

I do know EXACTLY what you mean though. I was hoping the same thing.
                          Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
                          My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

I have to admit I thought the first scene after the starting credits where Steve and Chin Ho were spearfishing felt like a commerical.

What I don't get in this episode is that they actually used the Pagoda Hotel as the Pagoda Hotel (while not in Waikiki, it is kind of close to Waikiki) but had to use Honolulu Harbor as the Port of Kauai. I guess it would have been a lot of text to say:

Nawiliwili Harbor
                            Island of Kauai

Comment

It was probably a budgetary decision, Helen. It's expensive to move cast and key crew outer island.

Comment

Did the Kahala Hotel set sail?
                                Always check and double check

Comment

Working...
                                X