Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

Originally posted by cabanalane View Post
    As much as I like to see Hu be a regular, that would mean we would see less of the Governor. They try to establish the same Fiive O - Governor's Office relationship in the first two few episode. It would be a shame to drop that. The same way about Danno's personal life. That was also a strong one. I hope they continue to give it a few minutes of air time to keep it from being forgotten.
    Who knows? Kelly Hu's character might be the new governor.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
      what has happened to people's sense of imagination?
      I've yet to see how McGarrett will travel from Dillingham Boulevard (on Oahu) to Malama Street (on Molokai) with the same car. NOW THAT's stretching one's imagination.

Or maybe Danno go from a Jersey white boy in one camera scene and a Detroit African-American when switched to a different camera angle. HOW'S THAT FOR CONTEMPORARY COP FICTION?

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
        [...]
        Or maybe Danno go from a Jersey white boy in one camera scene and a Detroit African-American when switched to a different camera angle. HOW'S THAT FOR CONTEMPORARY COP FICTION?
        How about CGI'ing him morphing from one to the other in the same take. No cut. No camera angle change!!!

Comment

Another appearance of the Shave Ice guy, plus an appearance of a bad guy from the first episode.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
            Another appearance of the Shave Ice guy,
            Taylor has a recurring role.
            plus an appearance of a bad guy from the first episode.
            You're much better at spotting something like that than I am. It wasn't the guy who had the dreads, was it? I missed the very start of the ep.

Comment

Another appearance of the Shave Ice guy, plus an appearance of a bad guy from the first episode.
              I like how they tie in the mole (at HPD) from the first episode to Jason Scott Lee's character. Before we go too far into the season and forget.

I got a feeling we'll see both again. We know the Shave Ice guy for sure. But more so about the bad guy. He is a jail. No reason why he can't escape. He already name Danny's kid. I think that was a hint to a future story line.

Afterall "20 years is a long time before he can touch the touch the surfer girl."

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                How about CGI'ing him morphing from one to the other in the same take. No cut. No camera angle change!!!
                Nah. Prefer the old-school type production shooting.

Comment

Last Mondays show Product placements, Let's see, The LG Windows phone with "Bing" search agent. The bar scene with "PRIMO" surfboard. Is it a better beer than "LONGBOARDS" Ordered on an earlier episode.HMM!

Comment

Originally posted by Mauibuzz View Post
                    Last Mondays show Product placements, Let's see, The LG Windows phone with "Bing" search agent. The bar scene with "PRIMO" surfboard. Is it a better beer than "LONGBOARDS" Ordered on an earlier episode.HMM!
                    Different location, different product! Kind of makes me wonder if they have advertisers knocking on production's door asking for product placement.

And another "product placement" altho' a bit too subtle considering there was no signage...
                    DDK enters the bar and says, "Hey JJ, set me up." The bar's location is JJ Dolan's on Bethel St. and the bartender in the scene is one of the 2 owners, JJ Niebuhr! Great New York style pizza, btw! I wonder (hoping, too) if this location will become Five-0's hang-out!

Comment

The scene showing the Halawa Correctional Facility is actually the back side of the Advertiser building on Kapiolani. They added the fake guard tower for the shoot. Cute.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                        The scene showing the Halawa Correctional Facility is actually the back side of the Advertiser building on Kapiolani. They added the fake guard tower for the shoot. Cute.
                        I imagine they can't go back to jail to film all the time. Just wondering, why aren't they using the Diamond head studio? Is it still there?

* I'm not talking about the scene for HCF, but more like the Advertiser building seems like their studio.

Comment

Originally posted by cabanalane View Post
                          I imagine they can't go back to jail to film all the time. Just wondering, why aren't they using the Diamond head studio? Is it still there?[...]
                          ABC leased the Diamond Head Studio for "Lost" and segued that lease into a new production, "Off the Map".

Originally posted by Random View Post
                          Nah. Prefer the old-school type production shooting.
                          And rotary dial phones, too?!
                          Last edited by tutusue; November 10, 2010, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                            ABC leased the Diamond Head Studio for "Lost" and segued that lease into a new production, "Off the Map".

Scoupes? What is Off the Map? A new show, but is it a "Hawaii" show?

Comment

It is a series by ABC that is filmed in Hawaii but it is not about Hawaii, it takes place in South America. Got a thread for that series too in this sub-forum.

Comment

Another appearance of the Shave Ice guy,
                                Yeah. Kamekona is a likeable character. But for someone who plays an informant on the street, the show has already started to overuse him as the guy who always provides the tip that 5-0 needs to break a case.

And this week, it's Danno's turn to play the loose cannon, strapping a suspect onto the hood of the Camaro. *sigh!* I guess this is something we can expect to see in every episode. "Gee, I wonder what act of police brutality McGarrent or Danno will cook up next to shake info out of a suspect?"
                                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X