Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 426

Thread: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

  1. #26

    Default Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

    Saw some of the show last night, I hate to say this but I think they miscast Caan and the actor who plays Steve M.

    They should have switched roles, Caan was the show/scene stealer for me.

    He has the cool-headedness and self-confidence to carry that show.

    Plus the humor not to take himself too seriously.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    638

    Default Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by mel View Post

    * Watch program stream on the CBS TV website*



    That what I did when I missed the begining.... A given show is posted the next day on their site for FREE!

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wah-key'-key
    Posts
    10,390

    Default Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by foolish heart View Post
    [...] Caan was the show/scene stealer for me.[...]
    I completely agree. I loved how he was able to go back and forth between being a cop and a dad...and how this new show chose to integrate the line "Book 'em, Danno".

  4. #29

    Default Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    I completely agree. I loved how he was able to go back and forth between being a cop and a dad...and how this new show chose to integrate the line "Book 'em, Danno".
    Tutusue, I had no idea Caan was in the show.

    I kept telling my wife, "Look! It's the guy from Ocean's 11"



  5. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    638

    Default Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    I completely agree. I loved how he was able to go back and forth between being a cop and a dad...and how this new show chose to integrate the line "Book 'em, Danno".

    Lets assume it will be in next weeks or hopefully very soon episodes to come...
    Yeah kinda sad that Caan stood out much more vs. O'Loughlin. But then again could it be that Scott is more known to the viewing public versus Alex who what has "The Back Up Plan" movie he did w/ Jennifer Lopez? But deep down its the character role played at Danny Williams is outshining Steve at the moment. Next weeks should equate the balance between the 2 leads.

  6. #31

    Default Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyWilliams View Post
    Yeah kinda sad that Caan stood out much more vs. O'Loughlin. But then again could it be that Scott is more known to the viewing public versus Alex who what has "The Back Up Plan" movie he did w/ Jennifer Lopez? But deep down its the character role played at Danny Williams is outshining Steve at the moment. Next weeks should equate the balance between the 2 leads.

    But, Is he tall enough to be the lead? Will his camera angles be like in a Tom Cruise movie?

  7. #32
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Smokin' in da windward crib
    Posts
    6,721

    Default Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

    I DVR'd it last night and just watched it. I agree with most of what's been said here. Loved all the windward shots, and glad to see that John Morgan has more income from the various scenes at Kualoa Ranch.
    For some reason the car scenes all caught my attention. Possibly because of the three military transports that got hit by missles and did four or five flips in the air before coming back down. Quite the shot (photographically speaking). So I noticed some other things in all the scenes in the street cars, whether the HPD car or especially the Mustang -- they never once wore seatbelts through the entire episode, and whichever one was driving in the various scenes spent way more time looking at the other person than at the road. Five to ten seconds at a time, steering while looking sideways.
    No seatbelts, no-look steering, the entire episode. Strange the things we notice.
    .
    .

    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    No. California
    Posts
    2,556

    Default Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

    I noticed the lack of seat belts too! not a good example for a place that mandatory seat belt laws.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    Sydney J. Harris

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    10,135

    Default Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

    What also stuck me as strange as the governor meeting Steve at Pearl Harbor making mention of the underworld that needs to get off her island instead of saying of her state.

    And she creates a task force for him to head but no personnel in that task force other than the people that Steve recuited.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wah-key'-key
    Posts
    10,390

    Default Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by anapuni808 View Post
    I noticed the lack of seat belts too! not a good example for a place that mandatory seat belt laws.
    Agreed! And, talking on the phone while driving...altho' I'd guess "authority figures" might be able to do that. Still, am I remembering correctly that Danno, while driving, was talking on the phone to his daughter or ex-wife? IOW, a personal call while driving. I doubt any of this will impact mainland viewers like it does Hawaii folks. Kinda the ol' drive past Hanama Bay, turn left, pull up along side Makaha Beach syndrome!

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    484

    Default Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

    "Kukui High School" now has its own Facebook and Twitter pages.

    http://www.facebook.com/kukuihigh

    http://twitter.com/kukuihigh
    Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
    My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    638

    Default Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    But, Is he tall enough to be the lead? Will his camera angles be like in a Tom Cruise movie?

    Not talking bout heights of the actors, more on the character roles & memorable one liners the 2 actors are saying on the show and every site talking about this show and even in this thread the vibe is taking a liking MORE to Scott Caan over Alex.

    And oh lordy Kukui High School has its own Facebook Page?.... Makes me wonder which region/area is this KHS and which Island, are we talking Oahu? Outer Islands?

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    No. California
    Posts
    2,556

    Default Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    What also stuck me as strange as the governor meeting Steve at Pearl Harbor making mention of the underworld that needs to get off her island instead of saying of her state.

    And she creates a task force for him to head but no personnel in that task force other than the people that Steve recuited.
    I believe she said "islandS". She met him at PH since he was coming in by ship. and she gave HIM authority to form a task force, which he was doing during the show.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    Sydney J. Harris

  14. #39

    Default Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwidiva View Post
    "Kukui High School" now has its own Facebook and Twitter pages.

    http://www.facebook.com/kukuihigh

    http://twitter.com/kukuihigh
    ..and a website too...

    http://www.kukuihigh.com (Home of the Fighting Nuts)

  15. #40

    Default Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    But, Is he tall enough to be the lead? Will his camera angles be like in a Tom Cruise movie?
    In my humble opinion it matters not if a leading man is 6' 3" tall and musclular.

    If he doesn't have the charisma, self-confidence and command presence to carry the weight of his role, it means nothing.



    Al Pacino is one of the greatest leading men on the silver screen and he isn't very tall.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    638

    Default Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by foolish heart View Post
    In my humble opinion it matters not if a leading man is 6' 3" tall and musclular.

    If he doesn't have the charisma, self-confidence and command presence to carry the weight of his role, it means nothing.

    BAM! U Spoke my language

  17. #42
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Smokin' in da windward crib
    Posts
    6,721

    Default Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by foolish heart View Post
    Al Pacino is one of the greatest leading men on the silver screen and he isn't very tall.
    And there's Danny DeVito and Mickey Rooney. But I can't see either of them as McGarett. Pacino, maybe.
    .
    .

    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    638

    Default Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by LikaNui View Post
    And there's Danny DeVito and Mickey Rooney. But I can't see either of them as McGarett. Pacino, maybe.
    Pacino intimidates in snap of whatever role he plays



    now lets steer back to this thread

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wah-key'-key
    Posts
    10,390

    Default Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion


  20. #45

    Default Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyWilliams View Post
    Not talking bout heights of the actors, more on the character roles & memorable one liners the 2 actors are saying on the show and every site talking about this show and even in this thread the vibe is taking a liking MORE to Scott Caan over Alex.
    Danno overshadowing McGarrett on H50? Somewhere, Jack Lord is turning over in his grave.

    Obviously, other than the names of the main characters, very little from the original series has been carried over to the new show.

    I do agree with the notion that Scott Caan really stole the spotlight from Alex O'Loughlin in the first episode. And if things heats up on the romantic front between Danny and Kono, then don't be surprised if Caan ends up getting more fan mail than anyone else on the show.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

  21. #46

    Default Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyWilliams View Post
    BAM! U Spoke my language
    Pacino is one of my all time favorites


    Really liked him in "Heat."




  22. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    No. California
    Posts
    2,556

    Default Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

    yeah - but Pacino is not on the show!
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    Sydney J. Harris

  23. #48

    Default Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by anapuni808 View Post
    yeah - but Pacino is not on the show!
    He should be!


    Nah, back on topic.

    Is it too late for the actors to switch roles, and give Caan top billing as Steve M?

    Could we just start all over again please?


  24. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wah-key'-key
    Posts
    10,390

    Default Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by foolish heart View Post
    [...]
    Is it too late for the actors to switch roles, and give Caan top billing as Steve M?[...]
    Yes!!! The show hit the 2 key demographics that advertisers want which means the show will continue. So, let's allow it to find it's footing and watch how the season shapes up.

  25. #50

    Default Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by anapuni808 View Post
    yeah - but Pacino is not on the show!
    McGarrett kept saying "Who-Ah"?

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •