Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
    Yeah kinda sad that Caan stood out much more vs. O'Loughlin. But then again could it be that Scott is more known to the viewing public versus Alex who what has "The Back Up Plan" movie he did w/ Jennifer Lopez? But deep down its the character role played at Danny Williams is outshining Steve at the moment. Next weeks should equate the balance between the 2 leads.

But, Is he tall enough to be the lead? Will his camera angles be like in a Tom Cruise movie?

Comment

I DVR'd it last night and just watched it. I agree with most of what's been said here. Loved all the windward shots, and glad to see that John Morgan has more income from the various scenes at Kualoa Ranch.
      For some reason the car scenes all caught my attention. Possibly because of the three military transports that got hit by missles and did four or five flips in the air before coming back down. Quite the shot (photographically speaking). So I noticed some other things in all the scenes in the street cars, whether the HPD car or especially the Mustang -- they never once wore seatbelts through the entire episode, and whichever one was driving in the various scenes spent way more time looking at the other person than at the road. Five to ten seconds at a time, steering while looking sideways.
      No seatbelts, no-look steering, the entire episode. Strange the things we notice.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I noticed the lack of seat belts too! not a good example for a place that mandatory seat belt laws.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

What also stuck me as strange as the governor meeting Steve at Pearl Harbor making mention of the underworld that needs to get off her island instead of saying of her state.

And she creates a task force for him to head but no personnel in that task force other than the people that Steve recuited.

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
            I noticed the lack of seat belts too! not a good example for a place that mandatory seat belt laws.
            Agreed! And, talking on the phone while driving...altho' I'd guess "authority figures" might be able to do that. Still, am I remembering correctly that Danno, while driving, was talking on the phone to his daughter or ex-wife? IOW, a personal call while driving. I doubt any of this will impact mainland viewers like it does Hawaii folks. Kinda the ol' drive past Hanama Bay, turn left, pull up along side Makaha Beach syndrome!

Comment

"Kukui High School" now has its own Facebook and Twitter pages.

http://www.facebook.com/kukuihigh

http://twitter.com/kukuihigh
              Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
              My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                But, Is he tall enough to be the lead? Will his camera angles be like in a Tom Cruise movie?

Not talking bout heights of the actors, more on the character roles & memorable one liners the 2 actors are saying on the show and every site talking about this show and even in this thread the vibe is taking a liking MORE to Scott Caan over Alex.

And oh lordy Kukui High School has its own Facebook Page?.... Makes me wonder which region/area is this KHS and which Island, are we talking Oahu? Outer Islands?

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                  What also stuck me as strange as the governor meeting Steve at Pearl Harbor making mention of the underworld that needs to get off her island instead of saying of her state.

And she creates a task force for him to head but no personnel in that task force other than the people that Steve recuited.
                  I believe she said "islandS". She met him at PH since he was coming in by ship. and she gave HIM authority to form a task force, which he was doing during the show.
                  "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by kiwidiva View Post
                    "Kukui High School" now has its own Facebook and Twitter pages.

http://www.facebook.com/kukuihigh

http://twitter.com/kukuihigh
                    ..and a website too...

http://www.kukuihigh.com (Home of the Fighting Nuts)

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                      In my humble opinion it matters not if a leading man is 6' 3" tall and musclular.

If he doesn't have the charisma, self-confidence and command presence to carry the weight of his role, it means nothing.

Al Pacino is one of the greatest leading men on the silver screen and he isn't very tall.

Comment

Originally posted by foolish heart View Post
                        In my humble opinion it matters not if a leading man is 6' 3" tall and musclular.

If he doesn't have the charisma, self-confidence and command presence to carry the weight of his role, it means nothing.

BAM! U Spoke my language

Comment

Originally posted by foolish heart View Post
                          Al Pacino is one of the greatest leading men on the silver screen and he isn't very tall.
                          And there's Danny DeVito and Mickey Rooney. But I can't see either of them as McGarett. Pacino, maybe.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                            And there's Danny DeVito and Mickey Rooney. But I can't see either of them as McGarett. Pacino, maybe.
                            Pacino intimidates in snap of whatever role he plays

now lets steer back to this thread

Comment

Hawaii 5-0: What kind? The new kind.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
                                Not talking bout heights of the actors, more on the character roles & memorable one liners the 2 actors are saying on the show and every site talking about this show and even in this thread the vibe is taking a liking MORE to Scott Caan over Alex.
                                Danno overshadowing McGarrett on H50? Somewhere, Jack Lord is turning over in his grave.

Obviously, other than the names of the main characters, very little from the original series has been carried over to the new show.

I do agree with the notion that Scott Caan really stole the spotlight from Alex O'Loughlin in the first episode. And if things heats up on the romantic front between Danny and Kono, then don't be surprised if Caan ends up getting more fan mail than anyone else on the show.
                                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X