• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apo resigns for Disney

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...ml?mobile=true

City Councilman Apo resigning to work for new Disney resort
    By Star-Advertiser Staff

POSTED: 11:46 a.m. HST, Aug 31, 2010

Honolulu City Council Chairman Todd Apo is resigning from the Council to take a job with the new Disney resort scheduled to open next year at Ko Olina.

Apo today said his resignation would take effect Nov. 8, giving potential candidates time to study the issues and get their campaigns up to speed.

Once his resignation takes effect, the remaining Council members would have to reorganize and call a special election to fill the final two years of his four-year term.

Apo, an attorney, is the vice president of corporate operations for Ko Olina Resort & Marina. He was elected to represent the Ewa-Waialae Coast-Kapolei district in 2004 and again in 2008.

Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa at Ko Olina, is scheduled to open in August 2011. Attractions include an 18,000-square-foot spa, two restaurants, Disney character breakfasts, a kids’ club, a wedding lawn and a water-park style pool area.
    Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
    My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Re: Apo resigns for Disney

That's so Mickey Mouse!!!
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

M-I-C......

Comment

K-E-Y.....
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

M-O-U.....

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
            M-I-C......
            Todd Apo: See you over at the Disney resort.

Originally posted by mel View Post
            K-E-Y.....
            Todd Apo: Why??? Because I'm getting a big, fat raise!

M-O-N-E-Y.
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

first abercrombie then mufi and now apo. what is it about politicians that always think they can negate the obligation they made to their constituency?
              Palin did it also. why cant they finish what they started and then move on?
              abercrombie cost hawaiian residents about 1million ... i think mufi had better timing. apo is gonna cost thousands for an election.
              this is the main reason i wont vote for abercrombie or hanneman.
              the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

I like Todd and Congratulations to him! We were on a board of directors for our townhouse association for years and he did a great job.

I saw TEDIOUS Mufi glad-handing and interrupting people in the food court at Windward Mall today. I was so glad he didn't come up to me. Then no doubt,
                I'm sure he went and kissed the asses at the UPW meeting being held at Kaneohe Dist. Park this afternoon. The parking lot unusually full of cars with his tedious bumper sticker.

Comment

Originally posted by escondido100 View Post
                  first abercrombie then mufi and now apo. what is it about politicians that always think they can negate the obligation they made to their constituency?
                  Palin did it also. why cant they finish what they started and then move on?
                  abercrombie cost hawaiian residents about 1million ... i think mufi had better timing. apo is gonna cost thousands for an election.
                  this is the main reason i wont vote for abercrombie or hanneman.
                  I have an idea. How about passing a law stating that any elected politician resigning before his/her term is over needs to pay for any special election of their own pocket. And I do mean out of their pocket. No campaign funds allowed.

Of course, with exceptions made for illness, impeachment, or any other circumstance that is beyond the politician's control.
                  This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                    M-O-U.....
                    S-E.
                    Well, Goodnight Everybody!
                    Don't forget to tip Pluto. He makes his money in tips.
                    Snow White also makes her money in tips. But, that's a different story.

Comment

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...163941803.html

What would the frozen Walt Disney say?

Comment

Working...
                      X