UH Warriors vs. USC Trojans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UH Warriors vs. USC Trojans

UH will beat USC with the mercy rule after 3 quarters.

Re: UH Warriors vs. USC Trojans

This is the only "free"* game that will air live in Hawaii on ESPN 22. Watching right now.

* = standard cable fees apply, but at least it is not PPV.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

UH won the point spread and the yardage gained.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
        UH won the point spread and the yardage gained.
        *roles eyes* - LOLLLL

but we won!?!?!?!
        stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
          but we won!?!?!?!
          All considered, I'd say we did.
          This was a good 100% effort/performance, even with all the game-costing foibles that plaged a team nearly out of it's league. We kept it a game that some say we had a chance at taking and thus keeps the momentum in the Warriors favor for upcoming home games, providing we don't collapse at ARMY whom we have a much better chance of beating after seeing this year's team is already above the recent cut.
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
            All considered, I'd say we did.
            This was a good 100% effort/performance, even with all the game-costing foibles that plaged a team nearly out of it's league. We kept it a game that some say we had a chance at taking and thus keeps the momentum in the Warriors favor for upcoming home games, providing we don't collapse at ARMY whom we have a much better chance of beating after seeing this year's team is already above the recent cut.
            A "better chance" with winning against Army compared to USC? Sure. But "much better chance?"

The Warriors put up a very spirited effort against the Trojans. But it will take a lot more than positive vibes from opening night to put up a W over the Black Knights. For one thing, it's a road game, which alone means it won't be an automatic victory. On second thought, make that a 5000 mile road game.

And then too, UH is not facing the pathetic Army team of yore. Last season, the academy improved significantly, coming within one win of being bowl eligible. And this was with a squad that was still learning and adjusting to Coach Rich Ellerson's triple option offense. You can bet that Army will be more adept at execution this year. Hopefully Mac and the defensive coaches will have their boys up to the task of stopping a wishbone attack.

And if the name "Ellerson" sounds familiar to Hawaii fans, it certainly should. Rich was a former player and asst. coach at UH. He was Dick Tomey's defensive coordinator at Arizona during the years they had the Desert Swarm defense, before going on to success as a head coach at Cal Poly. I would be very surprised if Rich can't get his players motivated against his alma mater.
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
              A "better chance" with winning against Army compared to USC? Sure. But "much better chance?"
              UH matches up against the service academy teams because the players aren't physically bigger of a USC or Wisconsin. So, both teams are about the same size, but UH is more athletic.

Comment

Let's say this year's ARMY is Boise St. calibur, I give UH the edge as I expect a victory over BS too.
                We got a really good team, and I think the weakest link is the coaching, which is already verging on great.
                https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
                X