Morgan "Pogo Poge" White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morgan "Pogo Poge" White

Morgan White died yesterday. Better known as Pogo to a generation of keiki who grew up here during the 1960s and '70s.

As the Star Advertiser notes, White was the last surviving lead actor from the Checkers & Pogo show. The 3 actors portraying Mr. Checkers (Jim Hawthorne, Dave Donelly, and Jim Demerest) all having passing away within the last few years, not to mention former KGMB owner and C&P show creator Cec Heftel also dying earlier this year.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Re: Morgan "Pogo Poge" White

that makes me sad - my daughter loved that show. and i guess i probably did too.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
      As the Star Advertiser notes, White was the last surviving lead actor from the Checkers & Pogo show.
      Is the actor who played Superspy still living?

Comment

We have a Checkers & Pogo thread here: http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=5353
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

We paid tribute to him on our morning Hawaiian radio show here in Seattle today. Played the audio from a YouTube clip of the opening of the show. He was remembered by MANY.

Comment

Hawaii News Now (the successor to KGMB News) aired this report on the passing of Morgan White.

Too bad HNN couldn't unearth any vintage footage of the Checkers & Pogo show that wasn't already shown on the 1999 KGMB documentary. But it was nice that they were able to get reactions from Fred Ball (Prof. Fun) and Rob Hearn (Jake the Janitor).

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
            Is the actor who played Superspy still living?
            I haven't heard anything about Jerry Cox passing away. BTW, Jerry also dressed up as Sylvester Heftel on the show. Observant kids back then noticed that Superspy and Sylvester were never shown together in the studio at the same time.
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

He had a role in the original Hawaii 5-0 like Les Keiter as the General. Which season or seasons did Morgan White appear on Hawaii 5-0?

Comment

Working...
              X