Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What happened here?

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    But I hope you are still finding yourself a little bit of `ukulele time, yes? Babies love music, you know.
    "Little bit" is appropriate I'll play and he'll come over and strum on it for a while but in a flash he's off and doing something else. 30 seconds per activity it seems! We have toys all over the place!!

He IS fond of music though which makes me very happy. I keep my acoustic guitar on a stand in our guest bedroom and if the door is open, he'll go in there and "play" with it for a bit.

Contemplating getting a classic guitar to put in its place though as i'm worried about the steel strings on his little fingers.

A year goes by super fast! I can't believe how fast my son has grown up.
    -kp!

Comment

Again, I am new here. I found this place by surfing, trying to find anything on the word "katonk"... Now that I found this place, I will try to encourage my friends to come here.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobunaga View Post
        Again, I am new here. I found this place by surfing, trying to find anything on the word "katonk"... Now that I found this place, I will try to encourage my friends to come here.
        As well, you've jumped right in and participated in all kinds of discussions. I hope you'll stay around and be considered a "regular" here on ol' HT.

Comment

I'm a once in a few long months kind of guy. And I see pretty much all the "regulars" in this thread alone. The only ones I can think of, off the top of my head is that "Bob Jones" avatar pic guy, and the "Hawaii 5-0" guy - sorry I can't recall your names. I rather not get them wrong.

Comment

Avatars for a user can change and when it does all the post that they did in the past will have the updated avatar image (mainly because a post doesn't store the avatar image).

Comment

Yes, but in this case I don't think both avatars have changed: The Bob Jones guy is Frankie's Market, right? And the Hawaii Five-0 guy is Kalihiboy.
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I stopped coming by so much when it seemed as if all the talk was political or movies. Since I'm not local anymore, I can't contribute to that, and I refuse to seriously discuss politics with anyone. Still having some medical problems that prevent me from doing anything exciting. I know I can be that girl at your party that you just want to leave...so I'm sure I'm on several Ignore Lists. Doesn't bother me, but I feel kind of dumb just talking to myself.

But TurtleGirl and I are still very good friends and we're trying to figure out a way for me to come out for a while in January. It sucks that my total best friend lives so far away!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                  I stopped coming by so much when it seemed as if all the talk was political or movies. Since I'm not local anymore, I can't contribute to that, (
                  Maybe you might find yourselve out of place with the local politics themed threads but there are sub-forums that deal with politics on the national or international level.

As far as movies (or TV) is concerned I don't think there is a difference if one sees a movie in Hawaii or not.

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                    But TurtleGirl and I are still very good friends and we're trying to figure out a way for me to come out for a while in January. It sucks that my total best friend lives so far away!
                    SG, I suggest you start a thread about "lost friends in Hawai'i." I think it would be interesting. I would participate, because I have lost track of a couple of friends who I believe still live there. Don't want to go into detail here, but I would if you started a new thread.
                    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                      Maybe you might find yourselve out of place with the local politics themed threads but there are sub-forums that deal with politics on the national or international level.

As far as movies (or TV) is concerned I don't think there is a difference if one sees a movie in Hawaii or not.
                      Oops, sorry! Really badly worded sentence. I meant that I don't like to discuss movies or politics in general, and since I'm not local, I can't discuss the local happenings.

Comment

WB - go back to the Palin thread to see my respons.

SG - we MISS YOU! Please come back - I'm sure you can find something to comment on. You lived here for a short while - but you still have something to say about things.

are you watching "Hawaii 5-0? you can comment on that at least because you will understand about the "local angle" that we are talking about.
                        Last edited by anapuni808; October 26, 2010, 10:36 PM.
                        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Thank you, Anapuni. I miss you all too.

Comment

What happened to a post I wrote in here?

Comment

Working...
                            X