X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Connection has timed out' Problem

"The connection has timed out

The server at www.925-1000.com is taking too long to respond."

That's the message I've been getting for the last week with both Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers. I don't believe the site has been having problems because when I Google it there are references to recent posts in the forums. I don't have any problems with other sites, just can't get into this one. What should I try?
    May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Re: 'Connection has timed out' Problem

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
    What should I try?
    Being a nicer poster?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      Being a nicer poster?

Squirrel!!!!
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I'm not part of a mutual admiration society? Aw, Shucks.

Others having this sort of problem have disabled their firewalls with some success, I disabled the only firewall I have that I'm aware of - no luck. I'll try accessing the site at the library next, just to verify that the site CAN be accessed.

Comment

Ok, seriously, salmoned - the problem may not be with your connection at all. There have been times when HT is harder to access, because the site is dealing with DoS attacks; I've seen the same issue on rare occasion and it doesn't matter which computer I am using. It's usually a temporary issue, and Ryan (admin) often responds if he has discovered/resolved a problem. There has been a small amount of previous discussion on this, and if it keeps happening to you, you might want to drop admin a Private Message, rather than posting to a thread - Ryan usually sees those faster.

Comment

The site works for me right now, but if you have this problem again later, try http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com

Comment

Thanks all, the site is working for me now, too. Maybe they were having a DoS attack or other issues, since I couldn't access their site for over a week.

Comment

Another possibilty that could have happen since you was okay and other people from other places could access the site in question with no problem is that somewhere on the path between you and that site something went wrong, either equipment failure, power outages, or cable in the ground got cut.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
                  Thanks all, the site is working for me now, too. Maybe they were having a DoS attack or other issues, since I couldn't access their site for over a week.
                  Or maybe some troublemaker was NOT finding you beneath their contempt?
                  Don't worry, it will pass...
                  Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                  ~ ~
                  Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                  Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                  Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Working...
                  X