"The Event" on NBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "The Event" on NBC

According to the Oceanic Digital Cable Guide, Monday's episode is blocked for a 2 hour run starting at 7pm HST.

Comment

The previews looked good! I was unaware of last season. I can't wait till tomorrow night!
      Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
      ~ ~
      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

This is still Season 1 for "The Event". The show has been on hiatus since late last year. Now it's back for March and maybe April. Hopefully the show can build on viewers otherwise it may be cancellation time. Networks tend to not put under-performing shows up during the February Nielsen sweeps.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Somehow, the episode went over my head.
          I had a few glasses of wine on board, but it seemed like the flow was slow, and for me, at least, impeded understanding.

I was really excited to be drawn into a new SF series, but... it didn't.

Maybe it was me (too much wine?) or did others pick up the same vagueness and discontinuity?

Your local wino,
          Ka`onohiwino`okavinovinoexcessivo.
          Last edited by Kaonohi; March 8, 2011, 01:22 PM. Reason: Clarity and honest contrition.
          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
          ~ ~
          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Sounds like the ratings didn't fare well for it's return...4th place in it's time slot.

I'm a big fan and the previews for the upcoming episodes look great, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high that we're going to see a second season. I just hope they recognize it and we get a proper series finale that wraps everything up.

It's a shame that all these Sci-fi series that have great potential just seem to get squandered on network TV (Serenity, Flash Forward....)

Comment

Last night's episode hints that Sophia and her people are finding a place for their home planet to escape from a pending supernova. Seems that Earth is the only place for them to escape to.

Comment

Seems that Dempsey is either a member of Sophia's race who to came to Earth from an earlier time (maybe very much earlier) or is a member of yet another alien race.

Comment

Had the impression that this week's episode is the season finale, it turns out it is next week.

Tonight's episode says that Sophia's people were on Earth first. No idea why they left or how the current population of Earth came into being.

Comment

On May 13, NBC cancelled it.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                      On May 13, NBC cancelled it.
                      This show is headed for cult status as a series that lasted one year. Might buy the DVD.

Comment

The good thing about short lived TV series, is that you don't have to buy too many DVD boxed sets. I might get this on DVD someday too.
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                        X