Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "The Event" on NBC

Default "The Event" on NBC

Just watching the premiere episode of "The Event' on NBC. A couple of segments have been filmed on Oahu. Anyone know when they were here?

Looks like it could be a good show, something like, um... "Flash Forward" on ABC but so far mostly flash backs.

Default Re: "The Event" on NBC

Currently watching it too. No idea if The Event that the characters are talking about has already happened or will happen. No idea about when the Oahu scenes have been filmed.

Seems like things are going back story first before it maybe springs forward... St. Lucia sure looks like Kualoa Beach and Kaneohe in the background.. heh.

I just caught a glimpse. Was Blair Underwood playing Obama?

No, while he was playing a president of the United States it was not Obama.

In any event having the plane did what it did at the end of the episode makes this series in the sci-fi realm.

I really liked the pilot of this show. It seems a mix of Lost, 24, and Flash Forward. Especially Flash Forward, only better. Flash Forward was somewhat of a one-trick pony--after the pilot, there was only one direction to look forward to. This show seems more multi-dimensional, more complex.

On a picky point, I don't like using the terms "flashback" or "flash forward" when referring to this show, terms which are more legacies of Lost (self-consciously so). The narrative in this series is clearly non-linear, much like Quentin Tarantino's movies ("Pulp Fiction," "Kill Bill," etc.).

Just for this episode there were at least 3 time periods.

1. The day of the jetliner.
    2. 7 to 8 days ago with Sean and Leila on the cruise and Leila's family being attacked.
    3. 13 months ago

Don't know what future episodes will show if they are going with multiple time lines.

Monday's episode is re-airing tonight. Since I missed the first 3 minutes on Monday I thought I would see the missing parts.

I suspect "The Event" has already happened (but hey I can be wrong).

Just to close the loop on Mel's question about when The Event filmed on O`ahu - they were here in early April. The scenes were done at hidden beach @ Kualoa, China Walls, and, I believe, in the Waimanalo Beach area. Another 'filmed-in-but-not-about' Hawai`i project - but hey, adding $$ to the island economy!

Definite shades of "LOST," "Flashforward," and perhaps even "Fringe," none of it accidental. Hijinks aboard a jetliner that goes missing, convergence on a specific point in time, and a mysterious cabal with seemingly supernatural abilities.

The jumping around through the timeline (three hours earlier, eleven hours earlier, three days earlier, thirteen months earlier) better not be the norm going forward, 'cause it was already getting old in the premiere.

Watching in a diffferent time zone - so of course they start out with "four days earlier . . . "

Well the second epsiode showed what happened to the plane. I guess the question is The Event is when the group crashed landed in 1944 or is there some other thing that yet to be told?

OK - i missed the beginning of this episode... and was mostly lost for the rest. Will have to watch it again online or somewhere. Unlike "Hawaii Five-0" you can't miss an episode otherwise thing start to not make sense....

Which could be the possible downfall of this show. Arc type series have a harder time finding an audience.
    I'm still here. Are you?

It is going to be re-aired on Saturday night (10/2/10), 7pm HST on KHNL.

I DVR'd last night's ep but it was virtually unwatchable thanks to download pixilation. Thanks, Oceanic.
    Burl Burlingame
    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
    honoluluagonizer.com

Quote Originally Posted by buzz1941 View Post
    I DVR'd last night's ep but it was virtually unwatchable thanks to download pixilation. Thanks, Oceanic.
    I've noticed that too for the past couple of weeks and on almost every channel. A day or two could be sunspots, but for this long I'm thinking it must be a problem relating to that underwater cable that broke a few weeks back.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Haven't been up on the tube lately, but this sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out. Is that the second episode that is rerunning? What night is it supposed to be on?

Quote Originally Posted by acousticlady View Post
    Haven't been up on the tube lately, but this sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out. Is that the second episode that is rerunning? What night is it supposed to be on?
    "The Event" airs on Monday night, just before "Hawaii 5-0". The re-run this Saturday (Oct. 2) is of Episode 2. But you'd better watch Episode 1 first, available online at NBC.

Like many here who have posted on this thread, this is a series where you have to watch every minute. If you miss a scant portion (much less a whole episode), you'll probably be lost.

Quote Originally Posted by buzz1941 View Post
    Is this series showing naughty bits?

So just when someone is going to spill the beans about what is going on they get killed.

So the people on the plane were temporarily dead?

Well at least the lady FBI agent is still alive.

It's some kind of alien plot behind the transfer of the airplane and ressurrection of its passengers.

On another note, I notice that this series and SyFy's "Caprica" are being cross promoted on each other's show. An "Event" promo aired on "Caprica" tonight. Makes sense I guess since NBC or the parent also owns SyFy.
    I'm still here. Are you?

I am kind of wondering if the Vice President or the Director of National Security is behind the assassination attempt.

I am kind of wondering if the shooting of the police officers in that Texas town might be blamed on Sean?

So they made a portal inside a building that implodes it. Kind of wondering where the other end of that portal?

That former reporter with the gun was kind of over the top.

Wonder what happen to the FBI agent and the prisoner?

The Event takes a break next week.

I was waiting for some kind of craft to take off... oh.. ok.. I can buy portal since this is more in line with the airplane disappearing on the first day of the series.

This show is a pretty good watcher. I think NBC gave it the go-ahead for a full season.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast