Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fireworks Sales Restricted

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    Is there a ban on blowing up paper bags and then popping it?
    According to my sources, it's on the official list as both a "civil liberty" and a "god-given right." You know - the important stuff. Geev um.

Comment

As most people expected, this was the lamest and most sullen 4th on record. That's how our real independence went down, right? Nice to know that the elite "visionaries" now own the actions of the 64% of people that make up the "rump" of society that dare to differ in opinion. A sad day indead.

Hey I know, lets limit/ban the sale of "party type" food, charcoal, and alcohol in the days before and on the 4th to promote a healthly lifestyle and minimize DUI's. You laugh now, wait a few years it may very well happen.

Comment

I certainly failed to see any sullen celebrants, nor did I see any crying, injured children or untended fireworks debris (not much of the latter, at least). It was the most civil 4th I've had the pleasure to experience in Hawaii. As for further 'bans' - one can only hope.
        Last edited by salmoned; July 5, 2011, 08:47 AM.
        May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

In another fireworks thread here I posted dozens of stories about how children were injured, many times very seriously, when lighting fireworks. This year -- NONE. For that reason alone the new laws are fabulous!
          Fireworks trash all over the streets? None.
          Fire department crews? Almost not required at all.
          Noise that terrified pets (and bothered the rest of us)? Almost none.
          Unhealthy smoke that polluted the air and endangered the health of many? None.
          Did the new rules allow more people than ever to enjoy the legal fireworks shows? Yes.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

An update on the amnesty program "Some 2,205 pounds of fireworks was collected this past weekend, making it a total of 6,400 pounds since June".

That's over a ton that were in people's hands this past 4th of July that they chose not set off.

I guess the only question is how long this new attitude will last? Long enough for a "new tradition" or will the desire for the "old days" return? (My guess is "new tradition")
            Last edited by GeckoGeek; July 12, 2011, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Anyone who missed fireworks on the 4th can see them the next three nights in Kaneohe. Bayfest, over at the marine corps base, will have a fireworks show tonight at 9pm and Saturday and Sunday nights at 10pm.
              Also FYI, the music tonight is C&K, and KFVE will allegedly be broadcasting it live from 7 to 9pm.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
              X