This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 6

Reubun sandwiches from Arby's and a bottle of water.

Comment

Last night was chicken with prunes, bulgar pilaf and broccoli.

Tonight will be broiled cod and teri pork, leftovers from Sunday. Hmm, I hope it's still good.

Comment

Since I live in tropical Mexico (about same latitude as the 808) I am often asked by people NOB (shorthand for north of the border) if I don't get tired of eating tacos and beans all the time. Fair question. Truth is I LOVE Mexican food but I probably eat it only half the time. For example, tonight's meal:

Stir fry of fresh (harvested this morning) Pacific scallops (these are the 'lion's paw" scallops that are 2 inches across) cut into 1/2" cubes, with fresh red bell pepper, julienned fresh asparagus, diced jalapeno chilis, in low sodium soy sauce. This was served over a bed of basmatic steamed rice. Salad was romaine lettuce, radishes, sliced baby portobello mushrooms, sliced carrots, with a lo cal ranch dressing. Beverage was hibiscus flower tea. Uaifi make all dat stuff. Matapule make desert. Baja lime pie in graham cracker crust. Matapule prefer Baja limes because they are more flavorful than Key limes. Baja limes are sabrosisimo!

So much for a strict diet of Mexican food.
        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Cajun shrimp and a cup of Mountain Dew from Bubba Gumps.

Comment

One decent sized loco moco at Freddies in Hilo for $2.75. I think it's Hilo's best kept secret...until now.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Noodles, orange chicken and beef broccoli from U Choice In with a bottle of water.

Comment

Kalua Cabbage

Comment

Reubun sandwich from Arby's and a bottle of water.

Comment

Leftovers...

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                      Stir fry of fresh (harvested this morning) Pacific scallops (these are the 'lion's paw" scallops that are 2 inches across) cut into 1/2" cubes, with fresh red bell pepper, julienned fresh asparagus, diced jalapeno chilis, in low sodium soy sauce. This was served over a bed of basmatic steamed rice. Salad was romaine lettuce, radishes, sliced baby portobello mushrooms, sliced carrots, with a lo cal ranch dressing.
                      That sounds delicious. The rice is Basmati. (I'm trying to lose weight, so I'd have to hold the rice.)
                      Greg

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
                        That sounds delicious. The rice is Basmati. (I'm trying to lose weight, so I'd have to hold the rice.)
                        Greg, you are write, just another of my many malapropisms. I've dropped 25 pounds in the last 4 months on the way to dropping 60. I'm on Weight Watchers. Basmati rice fits in my diet.

Tonight I am having Cochinita Pibil, a dish from the Yucatan.
                        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I skipped starches altogether for three months along with sugared drinks, going on an all protein diet coupled with salads (no dressing) and lost 25-lbs. Basically eliminating rice, pasta and sodas did it.

BUT tonight I cheated...Hamburger Helper...with the pasta helper.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                            I skipped starches altogether for three months along with sugared drinks, going on an all protein diet coupled with salads (no dressing) and lost 25-lbs. Basically eliminating rice, pasta and sodas did it.
                            That's similar to what I'm doing, though more radical (I have salad dressing and croutons). I think it's 4 years since I've had a soda, or any dessert other than fresh fruit. Today I expect to lose a couple of extra pounds, since I'm restricted to clear liquids and will spend the evening purging my bowel in preparation for a colonoscopy early tomorrow at Castle. Maybe I shouldn't have put this in the What's for Dinner thread.
                            Greg

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
                              That's similar to what I'm doing, though more radical (I have salad dressing and croutons). I think it's 4 years since I've had a soda, or any dessert other than fresh fruit. Today I expect to lose a couple of extra pounds, since I'm restricted to clear liquids and will spend the evening purging my bowel in preparation for a colonoscopy early tomorrow at Castle. Maybe I shouldn't have put this in the What's for Dinner thread.
                              Good luck with that bro. Had to do that dirty deed a couple of months ago. Dont know how I downed that gallon.

Anyway, I had soup and salad tonite. Way too much meat this weekend at parties.

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne View Post
                                Dont know how I downed that gallon.
                                I used a liquid, Fleet's Phospho-soda, for my first colonscopy, but pills for my last three. Pills are easier. But anyhow, that's over with now, and I celebrated with a warmed-up slice of Costco pizza (heated on a pizza stone, which I hope everyone has one of).
                                Greg

Comment

Working...
                                X