UH Warriors vs. La Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UH Warriors vs. La Tech

What was the attendance at the UH and La Tech game? I didn't see the number in the Sunday's sport page.

Re: UH Warriors vs. La Tech

I was wondering about that as well. UH seem to have changed their procedure for attendance. I don't think they've ever mentioned it this year (on television or in the newspaper). In all the telecast so far, they've never mentioned the attendance. They used to routinely mention it about halfway into the fourth quarter, but not anymore. They used to also mention the attendance at the game itself (usually on the scoreboard); I'm not sure what happens now since I don't go to the games anymore.

For the record, I searched around and the UH-La Tech game was listed at 29,000 or so, but I'm skeptical. I haven't found out what the attendance was at the Charleston Southern game last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
      For the record, I searched around and the UH-La Tech game was listed at 29,000 or so, but I'm skeptical.
      I heard that there's a push to become football independent after this WAC home game's attendance was under 30 thousand.

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
        For the record, I searched around and the UH-La Tech game was listed at 29,000 or so, but I'm skeptical.
        You may be interested in these figures from the Louisiana Tech Athletics website:

Attendance: 29469
        TURNSTILE ATTENDANCE: 27,001

What?! Who are those extra 2,468 people? The media? Security guards? HPD? The scarier scenario is that 29,469 is the total amount of tickets sold.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
        USA TODAY, page 2A
        11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
        X