China Extends One-Child Policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China Extends One-Child Policy

Whew! I thought China may abandon this exemplary policy prematurely. Universal adoption of similar policies would go far in fairly resolving some of the most intractable problems we face as a species. 1 billion > enough.
    May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Re: China Extends One-Child Policy

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
    Whew! I thought China may abandon this exemplary policy prematurely. Universal adoption of similar policies would go far in fairly resolving some of the most intractable problems we face as a species. 1 billion > enough.
    This is bad news for the global pro life faction, because China will use abortions for birth control big time. Perhaps they can satisfy the pro life groups by using better types of contraception.

The policy will not go without any problems. The children who come from complying families will not have any siblings, and their children will not have any uncles or aunts. Still, China needs to cut its population.

Nobu is personally opposed to abortions, but I do support its legalization. The reason? I am old enough to remember when abortions were illegal in this country. Legal is better. As long as we have careless and ignorant people, abortions will be needed to stop unwanted pregnancies.
    It would be nice, if everyone was more responsible about having unwanted conceptions. If we can prvent the unwanted conception, abortion would not be an issue to anyone except maybe the very old Catholics who opposed the pill.

Comment

Working...
    X