Moving to Kauai in December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Moving to Kauai in December

Arrived in Kauai late last night....just now getting settled in. All I can say is beautiful!

I'm going to explore the island today and start checking out some places to live. If anyone has any leads on affordable apartments, general suggestions, etc., please let me know.

Nobunaga, I would love to meet you if you have the time. Did your friends have any ideas about possible rentals?

So glad to be here.....

Pamela

Comment

Just arrived in Kauai...looking for affordable rental

Aloha,

After months of planning, I finally arrived in Kauai late last night. Gorgeous! I will be here until Nov. 2 exploring the island and looking for a place to live so I can move here hopefully by December.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I'm a mature, responsible writer looking for a quiet, affordable rental. I have excellent references, credit ratings, no pets or children.

I don't know anyone on the island so could sure use some help. I'm looking for a studio or one-bedroom and would also consider a house share.

Any suggestions, leads, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Pamela

Comment

Re: Just arrived in Kauai...looking for affordable rental

Kauai is without question the most crowded island in terms of housing. Affordable dwellings are unheard of. The anti growth crowd in Kauai has virtually assured that in 10 more years Kauai will be a haven for the rich.

I wish you luck. But perhaps you should have done a little more homework.
        FutureNewsNetwork.com
        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Pamela - Welcom to the islands! but please remember, you don't arrive IN an island - it's arrive ON. Just one of my little pet peeves. and yes, Kauai is a beautiful place - I have lots of friends and in-laws there. (but sorry, no connections for places to live). Good luck to you!
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Pamela View Post
            Arrived in Kauai late last night....just now getting settled in. All I can say is beautiful!

I'm going to explore the island today and start checking out some places to live. If anyone has any leads on affordable apartments, general suggestions, etc., please let me know.

Nobunaga, I would love to meet you if you have the time. Did your friends have any ideas about possible rentals?

So glad to be here.....

Pamela
            If you can find anything affordable on Kauai please let us know. That island has become so expensive with visitors building expensive properties and gating it so others cannot access the beach anymore.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
              I don't know if the Superferry protesters were paid by Hawaiian Airlines. But, the prices for interisland airfares have really increased.
              Like I said from the gitgo, the only one smelling like a rose after the Aloha/Go/Hawaiian Airline war was Hawaiian. If it were simply about the rising cost of fuel, Hawaiian Airlines would have been in as much financial kim chee as the rest...but...it's doing just fine even with their big jets that everyone touted as inefficient for interisland travel, that they still use! What Recession?

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                Kauai is without question the most crowded island in terms of housing. Affordable dwellings are unheard of. The anti growth crowd in Kauai has virtually assured that in 10 more years Kauai will be a haven for the rich.

I wish you luck. But perhaps you should have done a little more homework.
                Ditto...and um...good luck

Comment

"Affordable" means different things to different people. Pamela, it would help if you could ballpark your affordable range for us.

Comment

Aloha,

After months of planning, I finally arrived in Kauai late last night. Gorgeous! I will be here until Nov. 2 exploring the island and looking for a place to live so I can move here hopefully by December.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I'm a mature, responsible writer looking for a quiet, affordable rental. I have excellent references, credit ratings, no pets or children.

I don't know anyone on the island so could sure use some help. I'm looking for a studio or one-bedroom and would also consider a house share.

Any suggestions, leads, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Pamela
                    Hi Pamela,
                    I need to know what is "affordable" to you. If you fit the range that I am thinking about, I might be able to help you. I have a friend who might have a place in either Wailua or Kapaa.

Comment

"Affordable" means different things to different people. Pamela, it would help if you could ballpark your affordable range for us. "

That's so true, tutusue. Thanks for pointing that out. I'm looking for something in the $650-$850 range depending on what's included -- utilities, furnishings. I'm fine with a studio or one bedroom. I would also consider a houseshare. Thanks!

Comment

Hi Nobunaga,

I'm looking for a studio or one bedroom apartment in the $650-$850 range.

Thanks for your help!

Pamela

Comment

Hi Nobunaga,

I'm looking for a studio or one bedroom apartment in the $650-$850 range.

Thanks for your help!

Pamela
                          OK, I will ask around. I have a friend who has some small cottages that might fit that requirements. I will post it if there is one available.

Comment

Hi Pamela,
                            I spoke with my friend who has a few small rentals. She doesn't have any available at this time, but she was within your price range, so I told her if anything opens up to call me. We can keep in touch using this site.
                            Aloha,
                            Nobu

Comment

Hi Nobunaga,

Thanks for checking with your friends! I really appreciate your help. I will keep an eye out on this board in case something does become available.

Pamela

Comment

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know I found an apartment. Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and help. Looks like I will be here in December afterall.

Pamela

Comment

Working...
                                X