Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UH vs Nevada

The Redemption

Win this one and they take on Boise St. as true contenders to the 2010 title having made up for tossing one earlier.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: UH vs Nevada

As Nevada moved up into the national spotlight, this game sort of crept up on us. It's a winnable game for UH, and both teams are aware of this, which should make this game one of the best in recent memory. The prize for the winner: a meeting with Boise State. But that's another story.

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
      this game sort of crept up on us.
      Here’s to at least one game off from KFVE’s creepy live “SD” mainland broadcasts. The Fresno State video quality was absolutely horrible for pay-per-view. I think it’s disgraceful they couldn’t spring for an HD truck and four hours of satellite time.

Well, no excuses now that we are back at home with HD cameras and an HD (microwave?) truck. If I didn’t work on Saturday, I might’ve actually attended in person.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
        The Fresno State video quality was absolutely horrible for pay-per-view. I think it’s disgraceful they couldn’t spring for an HD truck and four hours of satellite time.
        That's unacceptable. If they are going to hog ALL the air time for pay only, they have an obligation to at least provide top shelf viewing for ALL the games.

Ticket sales latest?
        40 G, can they do it for #19 ranked (needing to be spanked) Nevada?
        Is Hawaii a sports town?

Comment

Cheeeeeeeeeeee-heeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! After one half of play, the Hawai‘i Warriors are STOMPING the 19th-ranked Nevada Wolfpack 17-0! Great job and hats off to to a monster UH defense capped off with a breathtaking interception by safety Richard Torres. But let’s not forget some great second efforts by the UH receiving corps on offense. Now it’s time to finish the job, since Chris Ault was already making some successful adjustments to the pistol going in to the second half...

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
          USA TODAY, page 2A
          11 March 1993

Comment

I don't believe it! Hawaii 27, Nevada 21.
            And I didn't subscribe to the PPV this year....

That's OK! Keep on winning babe!
            I don't think they will beat Boise next week, but I wouldn't mind being surprised again!

Comment

Unbelievable! Congratulations BOWS!
              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Since we have family visiting from Hawai`i at the moment, we listened to the game online last night. The UW was also playing last night, and the neighbors must have wondered why the timing of the cheers from our home didn't match theirs...

Comment

The tale of two halves...

Teams that win WAC championships don't play a good half and a bad half, and they don't win going into Boise. Nevada threw away 21 points and UH almost threw away another easy win, this time against an overated team. Boise is #2 in the AP poll after Ohio's fall, and next week is the last road bump on their road to stardom unless every UH player goes 110%, but I've heard cockiness so they still don't get it.

Comment

Ron, why doesn't UH football try for admittance to PAC? I seriously think they could be competitive there. Its a no-brainer as far as travel is concerned. What am I missing?
                    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Just for the record, the Boise State game is not until Nov 6 - Utah State and Idaho are next on the Warrior march.

Comment

...and I wouldn't look past Idaho.
                        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                          Ron, why doesn't UH football try for admittance to PAC? I seriously think they could be competitive there. Its a no-brainer as far as travel is concerned. What am I missing?
                          If you mean the Pac 10, I doubt that the Pac 10 would be interested in Hawaii unless one or two of the teams drop out, which is very unlikely to happen. Hawaii is in the WAC, and the WAC is in trouble right now. Hawaii's best chances would be to remain in the WAC and try to revive it, or to become an independant.

Comment

It was good to see that Fresno St. and Nevada-Reno got their comeuppance for thinking they're better than being in the WAC.
                            The joy on the face of Coach McMackin's face is quite the contrast to a grouchy look of a Nick Sabin's team win.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                              There was talk earlier about PAC expansion and wanting Arizona and A St., but I don't know where that went.

This guy gives his take, with an alternative http://wholurks.blogspot.com/2010/08...ontenders.html

If we can't get in with the big boys then independent is our only option unless the WAC slagg can buff up to a higher standard to make the WAC legit.

Comment

Working...
                              X