• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Posters you miss on HT

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Yep...I miss Maddie, too.
    and her bike!
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Country title: How Can I Miss You When You Won't Go Away?

Comment

matapule, i'm surprised you mentioned my name. over the years, i guess i've thrown in my two cents on this and that but i'm definitely not a great contributor like scriv; his comments show some thought and insight! still, thanks for thinking of me; been busier cuz of my 6 yr old; keep on posting! even tho i don't post much, i totally enjoy what you guys are writing
        525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

I agree with Walkoff Balk as well. Too many one-sided opinions and self-proclaimed intelligence through board post counts make it lame, characterizing dissenting posters and categorizing them into a stereotyped group affiliations.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
            Bill Maher of Real Time pleads with conservatives to appear on his show as panelists.
            There is nothing wrong with being a conservative. Only this thread has nothing to do with politics or conservatives. Admin shut down a thread yesterday because it strayed too far off the thread topic. If you want to talk politics or conservative/liberal, start a new thread.

Now, tell us if you miss any particular posters on HT.
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
              There is nothing wrong with being a conservative. Only this thread has nothing to do with politics or conservatives. Admin shut down a thread yesterday because it strayed too far off the thread topic. If you want to talk politics or conservative/liberal, start a new thread.
              Agreed, and it's a good topic, just in the wrong place. So how about moving that conversation over here?
              Originally posted by matapule View Post
              Now, tell us if you miss any particular posters on HT.
              I miss nachodaddy, with whom I broke bread irl a few years back. He's vanished from view, and hasn't responded to any e-mails I sent him in the past year-plus.
              Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
              I miss Ed/Tikiyaki
              He's back! (Though it took a sad topic to bring him back - the thread about James MacArthur's passing.)
              Last edited by Leo Lakio; October 28, 2010, 01:34 PM.

Comment

There are lots of you I miss seeing on here. I quit logging on for a while and just recently rejoined the party, so hopefully this thread will get some others back and we can have some fun threads again. Seems like any light-hearted thread gets about 5 responses and then fades away. Maybe we all just needed a break from the heavy topics that had been dominating the board lately.

Hi, TG! Miss you like crazy! Still putting quarters into my pineapple for plane fare!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Hey Tattrat, thanx for missing me...

I miss everyone on this board, but it's my own fault, because I don't come here enough. Some of you I converse with thru facebook and even tikicentral.com, so I'm not completely disconnected.

Now with Hawaii 5-0 on the airwaves, I'm reminded that I need to come back here more often. I love HT and Hawaii.

Question : Does anyone here miss Palolo Joe ?
                  http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                  Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                  Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Tikiyaki - good to have you back!

and to answer your question: NO!
                    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                      Aloha all! I'm here and I'm fine! Tutusue is right - with all of the filming going on here in Hawaii, I have been spending every waking moment either working, or agressively chasing down more work! Gotta strike while the iron is hot, come December and January production will grind to a halt for the holidays, and I need a little something in the bank to ride it out. Aaaahhh, the life of an actor!

Sidenote: no new "Mr. Me" yet, buy dayaaam some of these crew guys are hawt!!
                      Nice to see your post, I've been wondering about you! Glad things are working out well for you! Maybe we'll cross paths sometime here on the Windward side! A hui hou - "Leash"

Comment

**bump**

I was just talking to Susie Misajon via FaceBook chat. She still doesn't have an internet connection but her son was home with his wifi connection. She is doing well and asked about everyone on HT so I guess she misses us too.
                        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I do really miss all of you but I won't have Internet til I pay the bill. It's not all that much, but since I haven't paid any bills for a while it's all too much.

Things are going well, however, with the garden and the kids and the animals....milkgoats are new.

The neighbors are still crazy/mean/alive and kicking ...except for Joe the Wifebeater who finally died and Julliet is now looking so much happier and relaxed and actually says hello to me nowadays...after almost 20 years of not.

The new Mayor is having some problems...mostly because it's his first term after twenty years of the last one and a bit because he says yes to everyone and then has difficulties keeping his promises and a bit because he has to learn to slam his fist down on the table and say 'Because I said so!'....but he means well and it's a nicer town to live in with him as Mayor.

There are hiccups with my building permit...so what else is new?...but the garden went well for a first year and we had our very own Poor White Trash Trailer Camp up there on the hill at the edge of the forest, living in the camper and being wild all spring and summer and into the autumn.

I was so busy up there that I forgot to eat and since there was no Internet I didn't sit on my ass all day so I lost 40 kilos....a third of me gone and all those niggley little health problems have also gone with the kilos; apnea gone, blurry eyes gone, creaky bones and stiff muscles gone, leaks gone.

Life is almost perfect....just gotta get the bills back down and be back to reasonable time spent communicating on the Internet. Farming is fun but the salads don't answer me when I want someone to talk to.

I miss you all and think of you often.
                          http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                          http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Highlight of my day = the post above.

Comment

Leo - if you would give in & sign up for FaceBook, you could tallk to her too.

and you're welcome i was hoping she would come on here and write something.
                              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                                Leo - if you would give in & sign up for FaceBook, you could tallk to her too.
                                *sigh...* I fear the Facebook. I fear the security and privacy concerns I am constantly hearing/reading about. And I really fear how much of my time I know I would spend on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X