Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Posters you miss on HT

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    *sigh...* I fear the Facebook. I fear the security and privacy concerns I am constantly hearing/reading about.
    I share Leo's concerns about Facebook. Here's something I don't understand. If Susie has Internet to post on Facebook, why doesn't she have Internet to post on HT?
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
      I share Leo's concerns about Facebook. Here's something I don't understand. If Susie has Internet to post on Facebook, why doesn't she have Internet to post on HT?
      she doesn't have access in her house right now. she can only use her son's computer with wifi - when he is home. i was just lucky i caught her online last nite. and she did post on here this time.
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

she doesn't have access in her house right now. she can only use her son's computer with wifi - when he is home. i was just lucky i caught her online last nite. and she did post on here this time.

as for FaceBook - all you have to do is make sure you have the privacy settings all set so only your friends can see any of your info. and of course, make sure you don't post personal info like address, phone # etc. then its just about as safe as anywhere else on the internet.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
          Susie posted quite a bit on FB today...esp. about her crazy neighbor!!! I didn't see her HT post, tho'.

Comment

its post #27 above
            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
              its post #27 above
              Hmmm...and all along I thought, when I clicked on "latest", that little arrow to the immediate left of a thread's title was taking me to my first unread post in that thread! It doesn't! Now I know why I've been missing a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                Hmmm...and all along I thought, when I clicked on "latest", that little arrow to the immediate left of a thread's title was taking me to my first unread post in that thread! It doesn't! Now I know why I've been missing a lot!
                Yeah, I discovered that too, a while back. I wonder what the protocol is for "latest"? How many hours or days? Maybe PZ will pipe in. HT has been saying "things" about you Tutu and you didn't even know it!

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Yeah, I discovered that too, a while back. I wonder what the protocol is for "latest"? How many hours or days? Maybe PZ will pipe in.
                  Clicking on "Latest" seems to accurately show the threads that have new posts since the last time I logged in. However, sometimes when I read a thread then return to "latest", all threads have been marked as read. The little arrow seems to work separately and, I thought, was to mark the last post read in that particular thread so clicking on it would take me to the first unread post. Not so!
                  HT has been saying "things" about you Tutu and you didn't even know it!
                  Maybe I was the one saying those "things" using another screen name?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    Maybe I was the one saying those "things" using another screen name?
                    Aha! So that's it! I can't imagine anyone else saying they thought your avatar was "hot!"

Comment

Aha! So that's it! I can't imagine anyone else saying they thought your avatar was "hot!"
                      Huh oh...I'm busted!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                        *sigh...* I fear the Facebook. I fear the security and privacy concerns I am constantly hearing/reading about. And I really fear how much of my time I know I would spend on it.
                        If privacy is a concern of yours, simply create another email address with limited address contacts (or none at all) that way when Facebook asks permission to queary the address book/contacts of the email you supplied to them, nothing will be displayed. Facebook is all about your email address contacts. Set up something as anonymous such as LeoLakio@gmail.com or something like that and use that as your email you're registering on FB with.

Heck even PZ uses it.
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I was on Facebook, I enjoyed it, I had over 100 "friends" and it was nice to get in contact with people I hadn't heard from in years or decades. I enjoyed posting pictures. My privacy concerns were pretty minimal but what got me to dump out of it was the report of a horrible virus, Koobface, on it, and having just had the li'l PC die from a trojan and not anxious to lose this wonderful new Apple (supposedly not subject to viruses, but who really knows?) I dumped out of it. Just another example of a nice thing destroyed by fill in the obscenity.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                            I was on Facebook, I enjoyed it, I had over 100 "friends" and it was nice to get in contact with people I hadn't heard from in years or decades. I enjoyed posting pictures. My privacy concerns were pretty minimal but what got me to dump out of it was the report of a horrible virus, Koobface, on it, and having just had the li'l PC die from a trojan and not anxious to lose this wonderful new Apple (supposedly not subject to viruses, but who really knows?) I dumped out of it. Just another example of a nice thing destroyed by fill in the obscenity.
                            Trust me Apples get viruses. Get a solid antivirus for your Mac.
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I miss all of them! Well, almost.

So flattering to be mentioned in this thread. Thanks, guys! And yes, Craig, I still have my Harleys (the rider and the fixer-upper) — how nice of you to remember!

I lurk occasionally, but it's been awhile since I've even done that. The main reason I went away was because I was going through a stressful time and found that I was occasionally (!) taking things too seriously, being snarkier than I like to be and that kind of thing. I thought it best to fade out for little while, even though (or perhaps because) the HT community always treated me well.

It's been too long! Burl (aka Buzz1941) alerted me to this thread.

I miss so many of you. If people are still getting together IRL occasionally, I'd definitely be up for that. Especially if food is involved.

Comment

Aloha Maddie!!

Miss you plenny!! Real plenny!

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn
                                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                                X