2010 World Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 World Series

While eating dinner at Bumba Gumps today I noticed that the TV there reported that the Giants won the first game in the series.

Re: 2010 World Series

There are plenty of good things about this World Series:

1) Not the Yankees.
    2) Not the Phillies.
    3) Not the Yankees and the Phillies (AGAIN).
    4) Two underdog teams who play with heart and not with money.
    5) A bankrupt team (Texas) defeats the highest bankrolled team (New York).
    6) Texas gets into the series for the first time in franchise history.
    7) Molina will get a World Series ring regardless of who wins (half the year with SF, the other half with TEX, and SF agreed to give him a ring for helping to mature their pitchers).
    8) Games will be played on Pacific and Central time (not Eastern) so we can watch it in Hawaii.
    9) Not the Yankees.

ESPN predicts Texas wins in Game 7.

Comment

another good thing:

the last time the Giants went to the World Series was in 1989 - the Loma Prieta earthquake happened during Game 1. At least there was no earthquake today.

a good thing about the 1989 series was that the Giants were swept in 4 straight games by MY team, the Oakland A's!
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

The SF Giants made the World Series in 2002, they were I think 6 outs from winning it all in Game 6 against the Angels, whom they eventually lost the series to in 7 games.

I hope the SF Giants win the series.

Comment

Originally posted by bjd392 View Post
          [COLOR=blue]8) Games will be played on Pacific and Central time (not Eastern) so we can watch it in Hawaii.
          You mean the games won't air as late as usual had it been an all east coast series like last year?

I remember when the world series games were tape delayed I think as recent as ten years ago!!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_jopBXcbxk

Comment

Memories of Candlestick...Winds that used to defy the laws of physics: outfield banners blowing toward each other. A gust of wind picking up trash from the stadium, carrying it high into the air, and then quitting, dropping the trash like a giant snow globe, raining down trash upon the fans. Beers being pitched at Dodger fans. I saw an article in some Bay area magazine a long time ago that said that the architect for Candlestick had actually designed the place to minimize wind impact there, but as a result of some kind of contract dispute he redesigned it to maximize the wind impact. It was always quite a treat bundling up like you would for Minneapolis in February to attend a Giants game in July. The song "Warm San Francisco Nights"? What a JOKE!! While it was under construction I walked around, whatever its called now, Pac Bell Park? Whatever it is, it looks like a nice venue.

Comment

Giants up 2-0 and scored more runs than in all the month of June. LOL

Crazy. We might win it.

Side note..... In June, when I took my lovely 9yo to the mainland for vacation, one of the things we did was see a Giants game. Too cool.
                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

I am a little astonished at all the loving patriotism, the loving of America, on show in Texas during this Series. Didn't their governor say Texas should secede, to wild cheering just a few months back? Love it or leave it. (Leave!) Oh and I was so pleased to see the attempted restoration of g. bush begin with him throwing out the opening ball last night. Giants leading 3-1 bottom of the 7th. 7th inning stretch, God Bless America dedicated to our troops. Fine. Really. But coming right on top of "Lets secede from this evil country we hate so much" its a bit much to swallow. Back to the game!

Comment

World Series Champions

Celebration at Civic Center
                    Attached Files
                    sigpicIt's slowly dawned on me that we won the real estate lottery!

Comment

Re: World Series Champions

Beautiful Day
                      Attached Files

Comment

Go Giants!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Two Willie's
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X