RIP James MacArthur (Danno!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP James MacArthur (Danno!)

AP is reporting that James MacArthur (Danno) has died!

Re: RIP James MacArthur (Danno!)

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...at_age_72.html
    Burl Burlingame
    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
    honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

I never knew his mother was the legendary actress Helen Hayes.
      He's the last of the former 5-O crew to pass on. RIP, Danno.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I didn't know he was adopted!
        But 72 is too young, makes me appreciate the 73 my mom got even more...
        I wonder if we'll ever see his cameo or parts of it at some point in the new show?
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

I've read some reports saying he died in Florida, others said Palm Springs and also that he died several days ago.

When I last corresponded with him a couple years ago he said he was going to work on a book. I wish on the 5-0 DVD's that have been released that CBS/Paramount could have had him talking in length about the show or individual episodes. The DVD's are pumped out so fast with no extra features which is a shame.

Yes he was adopted by actress Helen Hayes and playright Charles MacArthur:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_MacArthur
          Last edited by Kalihiboy; October 28, 2010, 10:01 AM.

Comment

This AP claimed report says he died last Friday:

http://www.local12.com/content/break...35Nu7g_-g.cspx

Comment

Wonder if he ever told anyone what he thought about the re-boot?

Comment

This sad news really ruined my day

R.I.P. James MacArthur
                http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Aaaaaawwwwwwwww....
                  That show was my weekly connection to Hawaii before I moved here in 1978. It kept my passion and drive to move to Hawaii alive. Danno was my favorite character 'cuz I thought he was a hottie! And I never lost that opinion of him either! He aged well. 72 is way too young. I didn't know that he was adopted.

RIP Danno...

Comment

Interesting to note that some other actor was in the pilot and when I was watching it I thought..... Who the heck is that?!? Anyways I am glad that James came in and took over the role from then on.... He was thee only one left vs the other main cast that passed on. The only ones left are the actors came midway or towards the end of the run of Five-O.....

Yes, he hanged out w/ Christina Crawford (Joan's Daughter) when they were kids growing up..... Heeey Maaann I read the Mommie Dearest book

Thanks for the memories James, you may now RIP....

Comment

James MacArthur was the real Danno. Book em. Rest in Peace.
                      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                        When I last corresponded with him a couple years ago he said he was going to work on a book. I wish on the 5-0 DVD's that have been released that CBS/Paramount could have had him talking in length about the show or individual episodes. The DVD's are pumped out so fast with no extra features which is a shame.
                        The problem isn't the timetable of the releases, but rather, that large studios like CBS, Paramount, and Universal don't give a crap about the fans and they are satisfied with putting out bare-bones releases. The best hope that fans have for feature-packed presentations of their favorite shows is for specialty outfits like Image Entertainment or Shout Factory to obtain the home video licensing.

Jimmy MacArthur's passing means that the surviving members of the starring cast are those who were only on the show briefly. Al Harrington (Ben Kokua), William Smith (Kimo Carew), and Sharon Farrell (Lori Wilson).
                        Last edited by Frankie's Market; October 29, 2010, 01:04 AM.
                        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I'm glad that Emme sat down with JM a number of years ago to talk about the series, they did use that special as a extra feature in an earlier DVD release. This is perhaps all we will ever get in terms of a look back at the series and its castmembers.

I did a feature on 5-0 a couple years ago for the 40th anniversary of the show:

http://archives.starbulletin.com/200...flashback.html

Comment

I liked Danno, great job.
                            Wonder if he saw the first 'new' 5-O and if he was proud of the fact that a new generation of the 5-O saga continues?
                            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X