Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The most dangerous drug

Oops, my boo-boo.
    Last edited by salmoned; November 3, 2010, 10:17 AM.
    May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

bjd392 -
      "If people complain that drugs prematurely kill us, some can also complain that medical drugs are allowing us to live too long."

Oooh, love that. I've recently been thinking that medicine ranks right up there with religion when considering perversions of natural law and the paradox of our civilization's foundational 'beliefs'. Not sure how that affects Mary Baker Eddy's lunatic/genius/saint status, though.

Comment

I don't know, salmoned. I'm guessing since death is such a natural conclusion to life, sometimes we go too far to preserve someone and prevent them from taking their natural course. Drug them up and hope for the "best." Granted, for survivable injuries and accidents, please do what you can to save; but, only until it appears grim.

I am personally a DNR requestee if I'm a veg. Given a diagnosis of a terminal illness, I'd probably ask for little more than that amount of time to bring closure. But shooting me up with pain meds and letting me sleep all day in an effort to preserve me is not my style. It lends to some of my background when it comes to "death" topics like Capital Punishment, Euthanasia, Suicide, Do-Not-Resus, Organ Donation. It's certainly where far-left and far-right extremes make me the +0.41 moderate.

Comment

It was hard for me to give up smoking tobacco, but I did it at age 21; I replaced it with pot.

Marijuana was always easy to take or leave (not addicting), and never caused me problems.

It was easy to keep drinking ETOH (alcohol), and eventually it was hard to stop!

I've tried speed, downers and other such, but was not interested (addicting).

I LOVE acid and mushrooms, but only do them infrequently; not addicting.

Tobacco was the one drug most likely to kill me; it killed my mother at age 60 (lung cancer); my dad stopped at 50 and lived to 85.

Stop while you yet live.
          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
          ~ ~
          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Just a small suggestion that the most dangerous drug is fed to every member of our civilization, cradle to grave. Unfortunately, it's not only dangerous to us - it threatens many other living beings and species with which we share this planet.

Comment

Originally posted by bjd392 View Post
              I am personally a DNR requestee
              Me too. Both my parents signed DNR health care directives. When my my mother reached that point at 87, my sister (the only daughter and youngest) said what are we going to do? We've got to keep her alive. Cooler heads had to sit down and explain to her what it was the our mother wanted, not what she wanted.

It's all good.
              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Cigs don't universally kill people, a neighbor lady lived to 87 and smoked every day of her adult life. I think it was Andy Kaufman who never smoked, but got lung cancer. Maybe Steve McQueen, too. Last year we had a cat die of lung cancer, what a sweet baby she was...she'd sit on the wall, watching the street for me to come home, then trot down to greet me with a big cat smile on her face, I'd pick her up, she'd shyly kiss me on the nose. We adopted her from a guy who smoked, possibly she got the cancer from his smoking. Both my parents smoked, I inhaled all that smoke as a baby and as a kid. We lived in a house with asbestos shingles for a few years. Its kind of amazing I am here.

Comment

http://www.newser.com/story/104551/c...kills-man.html

Just another DRUG that folks love here in Kona.
                  FutureNewsNetwork.com
                  Energy answers are already here.

Comment

birth causes death...everything else is a genetic lottery

Comment

From our archives:

http://hawaiithreads.com/showthread....&highlight=ice

Auntie Lynn
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                        Yes, I agree that Ice is a huge problem in Hawaii. But it is virtually unheard of on the mainland. Which is why, I think, that you don't see it in the literature much.

My son is trained as a drug & alcohol councilor. He taught me how to identify an ice addict from the way they walk and talk. He also says that ice is one of the hardest to kick. Yeah - it's up there with smoking cigs......... but kills you faster.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                          That's true. To use an anecdotal example. My father smoked for over 30 years. Then 30 years after he quit, he contracted two different forms of cancer, neither of them lung cancer. His physician told me they were the result of smoking - 30 years ago. He later died of "natural causes" but his body was ravaged by the cancer.
                          I'm sorry, but give me a break!!! One thing I have learned is that most physicians are puppets that spit out what the AMA and drug companies want them to say! 30 years? Geesh. Their OWN guidelines for cancer "cure" is to be 5 years without cancer. I have serious issues with blaming your father's cancer on smoking if he quit 30 years prior.

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
                            Yes, I agree that Ice is a huge problem in Hawaii. But it is virtually unheard of on the mainland. Which is why, I think, that you don't see it in the literature much.

http://www.methresources.gov/methbystate.html

"Which State has the biggest problem on Meth Use?"

"Meth is bad everywhere. Top worst states for meth include Montana, Texas, Nevada, and in just about any region. The worst state is actually is in the Midwest being Missouri, and it has been so for the past nine years."

Here's a video pertaining to the question: http://www.fox2now.com/news/ktvi-met...0,897774.story

All you have to do is "google!"
                            Last edited by 1stwahine; November 8, 2010, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                              http://www.methresources.gov/methbystate.html

"Which State has the biggest problem on Meth Use?"

"Meth is bad everywhere. Top worst states for meth include Montana, Texas, Nevada, and in just about any region. The worst state is actually is in the Midwest being Missouri, and it has been so for the past nine years."

Here's a video pertaining to the question: http://www.fox2now.com/news/ktvi-met...0,897774.story

All you have to do is "google!"
                              I was told that the specific form of meth known as ice is kind of like cocaine and crack - both are forms of cocaine. But the treatment of the cocaine to create crack makes crack more addictive. Same way with ice. And that was the form prevalent in Hawaii.

After "googling" , it seems that just the name ice is more common - just another way to say crystal meth?

Learn something new everyday......... oops - different thread

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
                                I was told that the specific form of meth known as ice is kind of like cocaine and crack - both are forms of cocaine. But the treatment of the cocaine to create crack makes crack more addictive. Same way with ice. And that was the form prevalent in Hawaii.

After "googling" , it seems that just the name ice is more common - just another way to say crystal meth?

Learn something new everyday......... oops - different thread
                                AuntiePupule Ice/Coke 101:

Ice/Meth is man made from chemicals.
                                Cocaine is a Plant can be used in Powder, injected, and smoked (Cracked).
                                http://www.drug-information-resource...s.php?album=11
                                http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...E5KisQO_6ZS3Bw

Big difference. And both are available in Hawaii as well as all over the US. The fight continues to stop this evil which ravages our society.

Auntie Lynn
                                Last edited by 1stwahine; November 8, 2010, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X