Best Part of Today - Chapter 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Part of Today

Best part of today was hours and hours and hours of playing live Hawaiian music.
    First was a special slack key guitar event up at Waimea Valley. At one point there were 17 (yes, 17) guitarists, two uke players, one steel guitar player, and yours truly on bass. Amazing. One guitarist has won a trainload of Hoku Awards over the years and he and some of the others asked me to join them in the future. Sweet.
    There was a problem with the sound mixer in the beginning and volumes were all over the place, but it got straightened out and the rest of the day went fine.
    After that event finished, it was off to a party at another musician friend's house and I played 12-string for almost 3 hours there.
    My fingers are killing me, but it was all worth it.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Today (Sunday) it was church in the morning, beach in the afternoon and a visit to my dad's grave, then a drive home and mowed the lawn.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Enjoyed a very interesting conversation at work...started out with a discussion of dietary guidelines for certain conditions, and ended up with a deep discussion of Jook! The ladies broadened my culinary horizons...anyone have a turkey carcass sitting in the freezer? (In reality, I think they were surprised I knew what it was!)

Comment

My boss told me I did a great job today...even though I didn't sell a single car today. He even bought me lunch! Now that made my day A little kindness and a lot of encouragement from the higher ups really mean a lot.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Okay, it wasn't today, it was actually last week, but. I had to go out to Kapolei two days for seminars on another accreditation for my career. Both days I drove by the Wendy's out there around noonish, and both days there were at least a dozen classic cars lined up in the parking lot right next to the main street. Great looking cars! Apparently it's just a bunch of friends who hang out there every day.
            If you're in the area, check it out, and take a camera.
            (And yeah, I got the new accreditation.)

Comment

God blessed our family with the healthy birth of Ezekiel on August 25, 2010. He weighed 7 lb, 2.8 oz and was 19 inches long.

Grandma Lynn
              Attached Files
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Ooooh, Grandma Lynn...you just can't beat that. A new baby. Congrats.

Comment

Congrats, Grandma Lynn! Ezekiel looks happy and healthy.
                  And he'll never have to worry about having slippahs.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    Ooooh, Grandma Lynn...you just can't beat that. A new baby. Congrats.
                    Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                    Congrats, Grandma Lynn! Ezekiel looks happy and healthy.
                    And he'll never have to worry about having slippahs.
                    Mahalo to you both!

And Happy Birthday TutuSue! =)

Love and ALOHA,

Lynn

Comment

Being able to relax at home today - for the most part (except for a doc appt & a radio meeting) - after spending the weekend at the Nisqually Reservation for the 6th Kalama Festival. It's a weekend-long celebration of Hawaiian & Indian cultures, in honor of John Kalama (Kanaka who married into the Nisqually Tribe nearly 300 years ago) & his descendants. I was again the primary emcee, as well as organizer of the Friday night kanikapila, and I got to play music in about five bands. It's always a treat for me to be able to play with really good musicians; I learn so much from them.

Congratulations, Lynn! Another child decides to join your wonderful `ohana, and everyone is the better for it!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                        God blessed our family with the healthy birth of Ezekiel on August 25, 2010.
                        Maalo, Auntie Pupule, you one lucky ducky (uaifi like say dat). I am envious of you. We lost our "grand dog" two weeks ago. He was the equivalent of 105 years old! I know there be a new "grand dog" jus' aroun da corner. Raise your grandson with compasion, generosity, understanding, honesty, courage, and lotta aloha spirit!

Blessed Be.
                        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I am very much enjoying our new Apple. It is very pleasant to not have to be running scans all the time, rebooting, & other PC drudgery. Alas, the old PC has given up the ghost, done in by trojan horses that came in on a medical research site of all places. Now it is gone. Good riddance. There is a lot I have to learn about this machine but it is really nice to not have to struggle, I appreciate that.

Comment

The day is just starting, but it was sure nice to see Auntie Lynn's photo in the newspaper!

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                              The day is just starting, but it was sure nice to see Auntie Lynn's photo in the newspaper!
                              Mahalo LikaNui!

Fellow NB Member Sesnita Moepono, Council Member Rod Tam, Senator Suzanne Chun-Oakland, Rep. Sylvia Luke, Director of Transportation City, Wayne Yoshioka and members of the community were there.

There will be other meetings with the community. If you live in this District, I highly recommend that you get involve.

Auntie Lynn aka 1stwahine

Comment

The best part of today is knowing that we're mere hours away from not having to see/hear political ads any more.

The best part of last Friday was watching the high school football game on OC-16, featuring Kahuku vs. Leilehua. Great game, but it's way past time for Larry Price to retire as an announcer.
                                But the fun part was at halftime when they had Gov. Linda Lingle in the booth. I had no idea she was so smart about football!!! She'd been sitting on the Leilehua side, since one of her security guards had a son playing for Leilehua. She stayed for the whole game, which was surprising enough, but it was her analysis of the first half that really impressed me. Who knew!?!?
                                She'll need a new job in just a couple of months, so maybe Lingle should replace Larry Price.

Comment

Working...
                                X