The Older new Hawaii-Five O: 1997 version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Older new Hawaii-Five O: 1997 version

With the passing of Danno, I read the the first attempt at remaking Five-O is available on-line. Is it? If so, where?

The 1997 version with Gary Busey and Russell Wong. And Danno the Gov.

TIA

Re: The Older new Hawaii-Five O: 1997 version

I have a screener of the show if you want to see it, have had it since 1997, but I think someone may have posted the show on Youtube recently. It would have to be viewed in several parts because I think Youtube only allows 10 minutes or less files.

Comment

Opening titles clip and scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlzZKOLLVRU

Governor Danny Williams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCM5qtbxx_M
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Chin Ho was in this even though his character was shot and killed at the end of the 10th season.

Comment

I read about it back then and don't remember.

Was the story more of a connection with the old. I mean, Danny is the Governor. Chin is still working as a cop (?). A continuation. Did they ever explain if Steve retired? Anymore story line about the old cast in this (new) Five-O?

So it was not like the Current Five-O, where is sort of connected, but not exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
            Chin Ho was in this even though his character was shot and killed at the end of the 10th season.
            Originally posted by cabanalane View Post
            I read about it back then and don't remember.

Was the story more of a connection with the old. I mean, Danny is the Governor. Chin is still working as a cop (?). A continuation.
            The story went that the pilot show's producer (Stephen J. Cannell) was unaware of Chin Ho Kelly being murdered in the original series, and that the actor (Kam Fong) wasn't going to turn down a paycheck to appear in the show. The discrepancy wasn't discovered until it was too late in the process to excise the Chin Ho character from the pilot.

In any case, it wasn't a huge deal. The 1978 episode where Chin Ho got knocked off (A Death In The Family) had been taken out of syndication in most markets airing Hawaii Five-0 quite a number of years before the 1997 pilot was conceived. This was a deliberate decision, designed to keep Chin Ho alive in the minds of audiences watching the show in multiple cycles of reruns and preserving continuity. By removing that particular episode, it's as if the murder of Chin Ho never happened. At least, that was true to those folks whose initial exposure to the show came through the syndicated reruns. Keep in mind that by '97, there was a whole generation of younger TV viewers who were too young to remember the show being aired on CBS.
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
              In any case, it wasn't a huge deal. The 1978 episode where Chin Ho got knocked off (A Death In The Family) had been taken out of syndication in most markets airing Hawaii Five-0 quite a number of years before the 1997 pilot was conceived. This was a deliberate decision, designed to keep Chin Ho alive in the minds of audiences watching the show in multiple cycles of reruns and preserving continuity. By removing that particular episode, it's as if the murder of Chin Ho never happened. At least, that was true to those folks whose initial exposure to the show came through the syndicated reruns. Keep in mind that by '97, there was a whole generation of younger TV viewers who were too young to remember the show being aired on CBS.
              I'm on my way in getting all the DVDs. Yes, I do remember watching it back then (can't tell you much more than that.) Is this episode on the DVD?

Comment

Originally posted by cabanalane View Post
                I'm on my way in getting all the DVDs. Yes, I do remember watching it back then (can't tell you much more than that.) Is this episode on the DVD?
                TV Shows On DVD reports that the upcoming Season 10 boxset will have all 24 episodes. So by all indications, A Death In The Family will be on there.
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                X