New View of World Biblical View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New View of World Biblical View

Okay I'm gonna dabble into dangerous waters because I'm a Christian Republican trying to understand something biblical without upsetting anyone (but probably will).

My church (and many others) asked us to vote World Biblical View when it came to picking our candidates. Obviously it was an attempt to choose Aiona over Abercrombie.

Neil won thus making me believe Aiona wasn't blessed by God to win this election, Neil apparently was blessed. Now we Christians could counter by saying, "It was the Devil's work"...or not. Either way having faith in Jesus Christ I am led to believe that it wasn't Aiona's time to be Governor of the State of Hawaii.

Now when God created Heaven and the Earth, he put forth plants and animals for mankind. Then he created Adam and Eve and told them to go out and PROCREATE! Or create proactively. Obviously when the mandate is to populate the planet, homosexuality wouldn't be a good thing to do as you simply won't get anywhere in this mandate from God.

Fast Forward to the 21st Century and here we as good Christians continue to follow God's mandate by procreating to the point of over 6-Billion creations and counting! Meanwhile God's goodwill of providing us with plant and animal for food and clothing diminish because of this initial mandate of populating the planet.

So...homosexuality may have a place in the greater scheme of God's will afterall. Back in the early days of Adam and Eve, homosexuality wouldn't be proactive in procreation, but a deterrant, so God in his infinite wisdom told the naive that man shall not sleep with man...because procreation won't work that way.

BUT now that mandate isn't quite so much of a mandate now with our population approaching the the exceeding point of being able to feed everyone. Sooooo.....maybe......in order to stave off extinction by starvation, God is now saying, "Okay we populated the Earth up the Wazoo now so you can lay off the procreation now people!"

But we figured out Invitro and Octomoms and it just ain't gonna happen anytime soon...meanwhile the food supply is getting smaller and smaller.

As God what do you do now? Your creations have run amok and can't seem to get enough of the act of procreating. Homosexuality and Beasteality have become the greater norm as traditional sex become boring. Basically people are having sex with more than just the opposite sex for whatever reason they justify.

If I were God my first reaction would be, "WHOA THERE!! This ain't right ya'll gotta stop them nasty acts there!" But then again, I got another problem of dealing with the global food supply for my creations. Then I stop and think about it for a minute, "Hmmm maybe this homosexuality stuff will be my answer to this whole dillemma!" Men poking men can't make babies, and women desiring women simply won't make babies either.

Problem solved! "Hmmm better let that Democrat win and legalize abortion since that old mandate of mine don't work in these modern times anymore".

So here I am trying to figure out why God didn't bless Aiona but did bless Abercrombie. Better man? Maybe. Right man for the right time? Now that I can believe because as a Christian, when things don't happen for me, my pastor would always say, "It wasn't in God's plan at this TIME" and you go on and live a healthy Christian life anyway.

I'm just saying....
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Re: New View of World Biblical View

Interesting perspective, Craig; you are definitely a man of curiosity. Now, you know I'm an atheist, so therefore that may devalue my take in your eyes, but that's okay. BUT ...

Were I a believer in God, my beliefs would probably tell me that (a) God is really not concerned with something as piddly as the American political process in comparison to the overall grand design He has laid out for humanity, (b) church leaders are human, and thus as flawed as any one of us and not tapped into a direct link to the wishes of the Divine Almighty, and/or (c) the complexities of God's design can not be, will not be, and are not meant to be understood by us mere mortals.

YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
      [...] Men poking men can't make babies, and women desiring women simply won't make babies either.

Problem solved![...]
      Not necessarily. You're right, they won't be making babies the traditional way but alternative ways are available; ways that add to the population. For example...Ricky Martin; twins via a surrogate, paternity unknown...Melissa Etheridge and her partner at the time and Rosie O'Donnell and her partner at the time became parents with insemination of the partners via sperm donors. Etheridge's first 2 children were fathered by David Crosby. With a subsequent partner and another sperm donor, Etheridge became a parent to twins. Where there's a will there's a way...

A very interesting post, Craig. I enjoyed reading it.

Comment

craigwatanabe: You said, "Problem solved! "Hmmm better let that Democrat win and legalize abortion since that old mandate of mine don't work in these modern times anymore"."

psst, abortion (with some limitations) has been legal long before this last election.

Your post was interesting to read. In all seriousness, I ask, do you think that the Christian religious beliefs should be imposed in law upon everyone? Should we have a law prohibiting working on the Sabbath, mandating male circumcision, prohibiting the eating of shellfish, reinstating slavery? And I have been curious about our incest laws under a strictly biblical legal system since if we started off with only Adam and Eve and wound up with a world full of people there had to be some incest along the way. I can't say I think beastiality is a norm anywhere but homosexuality is not a modern invention and neither is same sex marriage and civil unions.

and who is to say that god did not bless Aiona? I think it would be incredibly presumptuous for any human to say that.

Comment

Okay I'm gonna dabble into dangerous waters because I'm a Christian Republican trying to understand something biblical without upsetting anyone (but probably will).
          No Craig, not dangerous or upsetting at all. It only gets dangerous and upsetting when a Christian Republican tries to mandate that everyone believes as they do. If being Republican or being Christian makes YOU a better person with regards to your fellow man, then it is a win/win for everyone. I have no idea what Christian AND Republican have to do, one with the other. Is it impossible to be a Christian Democrat? What is more important, sharing a common political party or sharing a common faith? It seems to me (just an opinion) that there are many people who are making political affiliation their new "religion."

I am curious about your quote in blue. Your opinion or someone else's?

My church (and many others) asked us to vote World Biblical View when it came to picking our candidates. Obviously it was an attempt to choose Aiona over Abercrombie.
          In my opinion I think that is a very dangerous precedent. How does that square with the Imam at the local mosque inciting their believers to execute particular political strategies? In my opinion, politics should be kept out of the pulpit. You, Craig, are perfectly capable of deciding how to vote without your pastor telling you. I have faith in you brah! Your pastor doesn't?

Neil won thus making me believe Aiona wasn't blessed by God to win this election, Neil apparently was blessed. [.........] So here I am trying to figure out why God didn't bless Aiona but did bless Abercrombie. Better man? Maybe. Right man for the right time? Now that I can believe because as a Christian, when things don't happen for me, my pastor would always say, "It wasn't in God's plan at this TIME" and you go on and live a healthy Christian life anyway.
          Maybe you are over-analyzing the results of the election. Maybe god had other more important things to do than get involved in Hawai'is politics. Maybe god is really cursing the person who wins an elective seat in government. Maybe NA won (hellooooooooo Sansei, where are ya brah?) simply because he was able to convince more people that he was the better man for the job. Maybe Jon Stewart is right. Maybe that light at the end of the tunnel IS just New Jersey.

Blessed Be, Craig
          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Thanks for all the responses. This isn't my personal belief, it's more of a what if scenerio based on biased presumptions. If I maintain a closed-box mentality about life I remain subjective. Is this objective then? No. It's just another way out there what if idea of mine.

The blue was the scenerio, the black represented my preface and summary of "What If?" As LL indicated, I am a curious person. I'm just not satisfied with the standard answer and look for the odd answers that some may just not consider and give it some thought. That's why I'm a Christian, more to understand what a lot of people around the globe are, and why. I used to be an Athiest and argued with my Christian sister, I used to be a staunch Democrat arguing against right wingers. I used to own Apples when Steve Wozniac ran it and they called their computers "Apples". I used to relish the pulse of Honolulu, now I prefer the calm of Hilo.

I tend not to stay in one concept simply because I grew up in it, everybody else does it, "that's the way it's supposed to be done", or whatever. I dabble in things then determine if it works for me.

I've travelled around the world twice in both directions, met wonderful people and cultures in my lifetime. I've had many occupations, been on both sides of spiritual idealism.

But when something as perplexing as what I initially posted enters my mind and makes me say, "Wow what a concept!" I have to pause and give it some thought and then pose that scenerio, What If? Instead of saying No Way.

This thread wasn't meant to anger those with certain views of life, it was meant simply to look at this wild idea with some level of objectivity.

This isn't my ideals, it's just something that popped into my head like a revelation. We are all independent thinkers, but in this societal world of ours we need to think collectively sometimes in order to move ahead for the betterment of mankind. For most of us however we cannot shake our foundations of understanding whether it be Creationism or Evolution, Democrat or Republican. There is middle ground and that's where objectivity thrives. The extremists can duke it out, but as an individual, I try to be as objective as I can by looking at both sides and finding that middle ground.

That's part of growing, and over the years here at HT, I've grown a lot moving from the far right to right of center. That Left vs Right quiz some of us took opened my eyes wider and as a result, opened my mind to be more aware of both sides. As I've said before, I used to be a far left liberal then a far right conservative as well as an In Your Face Athiest to a God Loving Radical, heck I was even a Bhuddist. Over the years, I'm finding middle ground and accepting of both in a more meaningful way. Abercrombie's win put pause in my thinking and made me wonder about the way I perceived life. What If?
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Oh Craig, you're just a beautiful butterfly - why try to invoke reason? It's just not in your repertoire. God's will IS. Fly on!
              Last edited by salmoned; November 8, 2010, 08:33 AM.
              May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

YAY!

Gender Politics.

AKA:
                You're too stupid to know who to love.

Religion and Politics = control of the dirty unwashed masses.

Comment

I know! Jumping ahead into the future. Aiona ends up doing something really amazing that , if he had won the election, would never have been able to happen - thus justifying that it really was he who was blessed.

Just kidding. Sort of.......

Comment

So...homosexuality may have a place in the greater scheme of God's will afterall. Back in the early days of Adam and Eve, homosexuality wouldn't be proactive in procreation, ...
                    This has something to do with the Aiona vs. Abercrombie contest? I have no idea what you're getting at.
                    Greg

Comment

"... God's will..."

What if what is... is? Just because.
                      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/religious-peop...3.html#upCr476

I don't know what to believe now.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                          Then I guess you are a religious person!
                          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Didn't say somewhere in Leviticus that 'if a man lay with another man, they should be stoned...'?
                            If we just legalize marijuana, they will be OK, biblically speaking....
                            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                            ~ ~
                            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                              Didn't say somewhere in Leviticus that 'if a man lay with another man, they should be stoned...'?
                              Were they in a biblical way?

Comment

Working...
                              X