No announcement yet.

UH to Mountain West, foootball only!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UH to Mountain West, foootball only!

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
    I hate this. Screw the MWC. We weren't good enough for them when they ditched us, and now that we're a consistently quality program on the upswing who's better than all but one of their current football teams, they welcome us? Screw, screw, screw them. We're supposed to be thankful that we're welcome into their stupid little club that was basically formed JUST to exclude us? They considered us deadweight, an albatross whose value didn't add up to the expense of engaging with us once every other year. I fricking hate the MWC and I hate that we're about to join it.
    Yeah. With your kind of attitude, Greg McMackin would not be head football coach at UH today. Why? Because the man left UH as defensive coordinator after the 1999 season in order to take the exact same coaching position at Texas Tech.

Screw the man!! We weren't good enough for him in 2000? Why should we take back him back now, even though he's the best qualified candidate? Hate the guy!!

And while we're cutting off our nose to spite our face because of an obsession with the past, we shouldn't have hired Gib Arnold to be our men's basketball coach. Why? Because his dad drove the same basketball program into the ground in the mid 1980s,..... then ditched us to take a freakin' assistant coaching position (a demotion!) at Arizona St. True, those were the actions of Frank Arnold, not Gib. But an apple doesn't fall from the tree, right?

Screw the man!! We weren't good enough for Frank Arnold back in 1987? Why should we trust the man's son now, even though he's the best qualified candidate? Better to keep Bob Nash!!

Do the above sentiments sound asinine? They sure do. Why? Because these are examples of irrational decision-making based on events that happened way back in the past and no longer have any revelancy to the present-day scenario.

It is no different than UH rejecting an invitation from the MWC, based on reasons that don't go beyond the acrimonious mood of '99.

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
    We had a chance to take the high road, to demonstrate to others that the BCS is crap and the MWC is crap, and if you're good enough to suit up, you're good enough to play us, just as we're good enough to take the field against any team that will meet us for a game.

Now we're just doing to other schools what has been done to us. I'm ashamed to say I went to that school.
    First of all, it wasn't just UH that was initially left behind by the MWC departure of '99. The MWC departed from 7 other schools besides UH.

Secondly, if anyone feels ashamed of UH, then nobody's forcing them to be a Rainbow/Warrior fan. They've got schools like San Jose St., Idaho, Utah St., and Lousiana Tech to cheer for, if being on a sinking ship like the WAC means so much to them.

Meanwhile, I'm hoping for UH athletics to survive into the 21st century and fully support shifting allegiances to a conference that has a positive outlook versus staying behind in a league whose future viability in Div. 1 athletics is in doubt.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

MWC is getting to look a lot like...Christm...errr...the Old WAC of the late 80's & early 90's. No mattah...imua warriors.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake's Ohana View Post
        MWC is getting to look a lot like...Christm...errr...the Old WAC of the late 80's & early 90's.
        In 2012, the MWC will be like the old WAC, minus BYU and Utah, but replaced with Boise St. and Nevada.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Talking about the past. I missed those UH-BYU games. Even thou the younger generation knows nothing about them. That's what I remembered as a child. That's what I was conditioned to. That's what I waited for. And gotten to know a few players during my Manoa days.

Even today, BYU (football). Just hearing that name, automatically make them an archenemy.

Comment

Working...
          X