Thread: Colt injured on Big Island

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Colt injured on Big Island

Just reported that passenger Brennan was being cared for after an auto accident. No mention yet of his condition.

Default Re: Colt injured on Big Island

this is from KHON as an update:
    UPDATE: Big Island police say Colt Brennan was the passenger in the vehicle. His girlfriend, Shakti Stream, was the driver of the 1997 Toyota SUV.

Police say Stream crossed the center line and collided head-on with a 1996 Saab sedan that was headed south on Queen Kaahumanu Highway near Makalawena.

Brennan and Stream were transported to North Kona Community Hospital in serious condition.

The 47-year-old driver of the other vehicle is identified as a Waikoloa woman.

She was also taken to North Hawaii Community Hospital in serious condition.

Police have opened two negligent injury investigations.

The exact cause of the crash is under investigation.

It is unknown if speed, drugs or alcohol were factors in the crash.

------------------------------------

An auto accident on the Big Island has closed a portion of the Queen Kaahumanu Highway along the Kona coast.

The closure is at the 90 mile marker near Makalawena.

The accident was reported just before 10:30 a.m. by Hawaii County Civil Defense.

According to police, three people were involved in the crash.

One person was airlifted to a local area hospital.

The conditions of the victims are unknown.
    the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

They've flown Colt to Oahu for extensive care.

he is actually lucky to be alive... this stretch of highway north of the airport and before waikoloa is a very dangerous and deadly stretch. it is actuallly a good road...but people insist on driving in excess of 70mph, tailgating and passing. i always drive very defensively on this stretch. you have to watch out for anyone trying to pass you......and watch way ahead for people passing from the other direction. add to this that it is the main route for trucks from kawaihae to kona and then alll the tourists heading to the resorts and locals that are late to work or never really learned how to drive safely, you have a very hazardous stretch of highway.
    the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Yep, supposedly he's in stable condition, but the Star-Advertiser website now says he has head trauma, several broken ribs and a broken left clavicle. They airlifted him from Kona to here this afternoon; he's at Queen's Hospital now.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Post Re: Colt injured on Big Island

Wow, some bombshells dropped in this morning’s Honolulu Star-Advertiser...

Colt eager to play again

By Stephen Tsai
    POSTED: 01:30 a.m. HST, Jun 14, 2011
    “It’s new,” said Colt Brennan, who underwent $20,000 in dental surgery to repair damages to his mouth suffered in a two-vehicle crash in November. The Big Island accident, in which he was a passenger, left Brennan unconscious with injuries to his head, neck, collarbone and ribs.

“If I shaved my head, I’ve got some pretty gnarly scars,” said Brennan, as his smile disappears.

“The truth is, there’s a lady still going through rehab right now,” Brennan said of Dr. Theresa Wang, who was driving a car that was struck by an SUV driven by Brennan’s ex-girlfriend. “It’s weird for me to talk about football.”

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993