Body Imaging and Invasive Patdowns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Body Imaging and Invasive Patdowns

There you go again, trying to segregate us all. In fact, the timid don't fly and flyers all chance 'em. It doesn't take a bomb or a terrorist to crash a plane. If they spent a significant fraction of the cost of screening on improving air safety, there'd be fewer crashes all around. Some day, it will be common knowledge that terrorists are a small problem, while our reactions to terrorists are a huge problem.
    May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
      Let's face it.

These folk are simply trying to keep us from being exploded in mid air, with the best tools they got.

Best scenario: We get two groups - the timid and the chancers:

The TIMID go through MAXIMUM screening, and the CHANCERS don't get any.

No complaints, - no unaccepable deaths.
      passengers go thru screening for the safety of the flight crew, to prevent damage to the aircraft, and to prevent damage/casualties on the ground. it's not just for the individual's own good.

Comment

Did anyone read yesterday's editorial that say the TSA will vote next year to decide if they should be allowed to become unionized. I agree with the article that it would be a very bad decision to allow that to happen. As a retired Teamster who was pretty active within my Local I feel the bad really overides the good in this case. I personally feel there shouldn't be any public sector unions.

Comment

The Left hates them for violations of personal rights; The Right hates unions. Who knew the TSA could be something that unites the nation after all?

Comment

Originally posted by D'Alani View Post
            I personally feel there shouldn't be any public sector unions.
            I personally feel that all workers have the right to unionize, if that is their chosen path. And that police officers, firefighters, etc have as much right as anyone else to unionize.

This is not to say that I agree with everything that all unions do, nor with all the decision making done by union management (for example HSTA). But the right of workers to unionize is supported by me.
            Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Does a patdown include "buy me drinku?"

Comment

and I bet they won't call either.
                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Unfortunately, the system is geared towards terrorists, and not the flyer. if someone is determined enough to take out something, they will find a way. I am more worried about a guy at the end of the runway with a stinger missile, then a guy with an IED in his anus/underwear/shoe.

I am just gonna fly in one of those Borat style mankinis, just make it silly for everyone.
                  flickr

An email from God:
                  To: People of Earth
                  Date: 9/04/2007
                  Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                  God

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                    I am just gonna fly in one of those Borat style mankinis, just make it silly for everyone.
                    Naughty boy! Probably wear a cod piece too!
                    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

http://www.nbcnews.com/travel/tsa-re...id=msnhp&pos=6

I'm more worried about the radiation exposure of the old scanners.

Comment

I was watching an old film called Papillon and the subject of invasive
                        body inspections arose.

The folks who hire on at those jobs like what they see and grope.

God forbid that these folks are our first line of defense.

Comment

Originally posted by lensperson View Post
                          I was watching an old film called Papillon and the subject of invasive
                          body inspections arose.

The folks who hire on at those jobs like what they see and grope.

God forbid that these folks are our first line of defense.

Indeed, one makes all attempts to hire in at a job they at least won't despise, and hopefully one they would enjoy. In this Obamaconemy, however, many grab any job they can.

I have a titanium Knee and a metal Greenfield filter in one of my major veins, so I always trigger the metal detectors, though they always make me remove belt, empty pockets, and go through the machine anyway. Idiots.

I have no body shame; I'm a closet nudist, and don't care about exposure. Neither do I mind 'pat-downs,' FWIW. To me it's "what's the big deal?"

I think the TSA agent who got ejaculated on got what he deserved, however, and I'm pleased the passenger got pardoned. I think he should be monetarily compensated as well, or the TSA agent should be charged with homosexual rape.
                          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                          ~ ~
                          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                            I think the TSA agent who got ejaculated on got what he deserved,
                            You mean evaculated?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                              You mean evaculated?
                              No. I finished, and tipped 'em $14.
                              flickr

An email from God:
                              To: People of Earth
                              Date: 9/04/2007
                              Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you