Thanksgiving 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving 2010

So what is everyone's plans for this year's Thanksgiving?

Re: Thanksgiving 2010

Eat.

Everything else is a lower priority.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
      So what is everyone's plans for this year's Thanksgiving?
      !fakafiefie, Elene!

Well, les see. Locally, in this part of Polynesian Mexico, Thanksgiving is not a big deal. But for us expats, we still find a way to celebrate.

First uaifi and matapule go for a 1 hour walk in the desert while it still cool and watch sunrise. Den matapule come back an kaukau some faka'afe. Den matapule have meeting wit client. Den matapule off to Spanish class wit fai'ako Margarito. Den matapule kai more faka'afe. Den matapule telephone ongo ta'ahine fefine in California where dey have eating turkey togedder and answer question, "how make turkey?" Den off fo' grocery shopping wit uaifi. Den taimi fo' matapule beauty rest. Den matapule get clean up fo' BIG faka'afe and put on bes' ta'uvalu. Den matapule and uaifi go Hilton fo' BIG faka'afe Thanksgiving at 6pm wit friends from Seattle. Matapule go eat self silly at Hilton to keep matapule size fo' sure.

!Oiaue! matapule hab busy Thanksgiving fo' sure!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, HT OHANA
      uaifi.............................matapule
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

“Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.”

Buddha
        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving 2010.

1stwahine
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving 2009, everyone! Yes...2009! This past year has just been an illusion therefore I'm still working on...2009!

I have family in town so we're joining friends at the Hale Koa for brunch. Then it's off to the home of other friends for a potluck feast. No more food 'til Thanksgiving...2010!

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all, especially Aunty Lynn for all you you do for the community.
                Our family will be joining my youngest son at Helemano Plantation along with the other residents of ORI for a buffet lunch. Then I bring him home to join the rest of the ohana for a joyous family dinner at my sister in law's home out Kaneohe way.

Comment

Went for a walk this morning. Forgot about the Turkey Trot, though, so I had to alter my route.

Looking forward to a celebration later today. Going to bring a caprese salad as my contribution. Even found mozzarella that was pre-sliced, to help me in my goals of not injuring myself with a knife before the grand meal even begins. Only problem--need to look up online how to cut tomatoes. As far as I know, they don't come pre-sliced (unless I buy a bunch at a salad bar or something!)

Comment

Or you can get smaller tomatoes.

For myself I just came back from shopping at Don Quijote, will be making some turkey cold cut sandwiches for lunch.

After that just working around the home catching up on some stuff. Will be feasting later on today.

Comment

Got turkey and cornbread stuffing in thick turkey gravy in the crockpot, chilled cranberry sauce on the side. Was gonna have sweet potatoes but Times was completely sold out.

Comment

Back from a very nice meal #1 <belch>, decompressing, changing clothes, packing up our potluck contribution and heading out to what promises to be a very fun meal #2 <fut!>. Lotsa salad ingredients in the fridge for the rest of the long week-end. <zzzzzz>

Comment

I really got my fat kid on tonight, I threw down, and then almost up.

I miss holidays in the 808. . .this cold crap is WAY over rated.

I have a LOT to be thankful for, and really has a great day. I hope all of my ohana here sis the same. I will get pics of food up soon
                          flickr

An email from God:
                          To: People of Earth
                          Date: 9/04/2007
                          Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                          God

Comment

Just returned from meal #2. I'm never going to eat again!

Comment

My Hawaiian family, Ka'a'awa's Carter's, always show their true Aloha for this haole boy (the only one ever allowed into their circle), and again made this year the best. Hawaii has been very very good to me, and the warm hearts this family shares is a big part of it.
                              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
                              X