Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaii Lunar Eclipse Dec.20, 2010

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
    Got notice that the Bishop Museum event was canceled, though I suspect some turned out anyway.
    The museum didn't cancel, but only about 500 people showed up.
    They all didn't see much though...
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
      The museum didn't cancel, but only about 500 people showed up.
      They all didn't see much though...
      Interesting! Someone from the museum was interviewed on the news yesterday and stated the event was canceled due to a soggy lawn. He said the museum was calling and/or emailing the 2000 people who had reservations.

Not so?

Comment

The Star-Advertiser had the cancellation on their website most of yesterday too.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Here in Kahalu`u it was all clouds, all night. I didn't want to go driving around looking for clear spots, so I just sucked it up. Disappointing, but it's really no big thing. I've seen total lunar eclipses before (I think), but I don't remember them (anterograde amnesia); I was looking forward to a refresher! I don't think I'll be around for the next one... I'll have to see it from the other side.

I love viewing celestial phenomenon - like it brings me closer to the 'Great Whatever.'
          I recall a summer meteor shower in about the mid seventies, where meteors were falling at the rate of about one per second! I was tripping around with my lady in a golf course at night - it was a surprise! After that, I started tracking showers and other events. I saw the solar total eclipse on the Big Island, many meteor showers (though none as good as the aforementioned), and a few lunar eclipses & partial solars, Aurora, UFOs, & all the rest.

Bring it ON!
          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
          ~ ~
          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Nice time-lapse from Florida at http://vimeo.com/18046748

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              Interesting! Someone from the museum was interviewed on the news yesterday and stated the event was canceled due to a soggy lawn. He said the museum was calling and/or emailing the 2000 people who had reservations.

Not so?
              Now I've got the whole story...
              The museum did officially cancel holding the event, then decided to remain open for those that showed up. Interesting situation. Glad I wasn't here.

Now tonight the moon is clearly seen and beautiful. Sigh.
              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
              X