Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook's New Profile Page

*bump*

No posts in over 12 hours! Is that a first?! Is everyone busy trying to figure out Facebook's new profile page?! Let me stop this before it hits 13 hours!

Re: The Hibiscuses are all grey!

My new profile page hasn't happened yet! I saw the thing about it on "60 Minutes" last nite but I'm still waiting! I feel so deprived .....
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
      My new profile page hasn't happened yet! I saw the thing about it on "60 Minutes" last nite but I'm still waiting! I feel so deprived .....
      Ditto for me. Guess they haven't gotten to the Ls thru the Os yet!

Comment

Nothing more to talk about?
        WikiLeaks and threatened assination of Assuage?
        (Hmmm, both begin with a-s-s.)
        I hear even Palin is calling for his assasination! Not his arrest, his assasination!

The new Amerika.
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Re: Facebook's New Profile Page

Wonder of wonders, Facebook isn't automatically opting everyone into a new feature this time. If you want the new profile, you have to turn it on:

http://www.facebook.com/about/profile

I hope it's a work in progress. Some of it makes sense, but some doesn't. Why is "languages spoken" so highly positioned? It looks like they took some inspiration from LinkedIn by making your profile page more of a resume-ish overview, and meanwhile elevated recent photos (which is 80 percent of what people are looking for on your page anyway).

I do like the more visual presentation of interests (books, movies, etc.). But the ability to categorize and display select friends will bring back the melodrama of MySpace and its "Top 8" friend slots. Oh, the dismay and jealousy that will be sparked when your coworker realizes you see him as just a coworker and not a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            *bump*

No posts in over 12 hours! Is that a first?! Is everyone busy trying to figure out Facebook's new profile page?! Let me stop this before it hits 13 hours!
            Posters were busy with Gov. Abercrombie Inauguration Balls. There's a poster who doesn't post anymore who's an Abercrombie favorite.

Comment

Well, Mark Zuckerberg was on 60 Minutes yesterday talking about the new FB Profile page but I haven't seen it yet.

Comment

Thanks PZ- I was feeling very left out. I think I'll leave my page as it is for now.
                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                  There's a poster who doesn't post anymore who's an Abercrombie favorite.
                  That poster is a NA fan.

Comment

I haven't changed anything... no need to.

Just tried to log on to FaceBook and for the first time got this.
                    "Account Unavailable

Your account is temporarily unavailable due to site maintenance. It should be available again within a few hours. We apologize for the inconvenience."
                    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I changed to the new profile a few weeks ago.

Comment

i changed a couple weeks ago too.
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I'm resistant to change. I'll probably just wait for the next update which will probably be in the not too distant future!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                            I'm resistant to change. I'll probably just wait for the next update which will probably be in the not too distant future!
                            I was bored one morning and changed. Lots of people I know did.

Comment

Some creative ways of using the new profile:

http://reface.me/hacks/new-facebook-profile-hack/

Comment

Working...
                              X