Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Conversation: Body scan or feel up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Conversation: Body scan or feel up?

Let's try again!
    Body Scan - I'm an exhibitionist
    75.00%
    Pat Down - It feels sooooo good
    25.00%
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Re: Friday Conversation: Body scan or feel up?

The OP went away while I was logging in to reply, but I read it before it vanished.

I'm opting for the scan when I travel. I pity the poor TSA employees who have to view a nearly-nude image of me...and most of my fellow travelers, all day long...

Comment

Friday Conversation: Body scan or feel up?

The holiday travel time is a good time to ask this question. When passing through TSA at the airport, will you opt for the body scan or the pat down. Both are invasive in my opinion since body scan images are already appearing on the Internet and frisking in the groin area is unacceptable. Uaifi says she is going for the body scan.

Matapule is willing to live with some level of risk if we can eliminate both of those procedures at security. Matapule votes for increased risk (uaifi agrees with him on that point). But since we don't have that option at this point, matapule supposes he will go for the scan, but that is just as fallible as no search.

Which method will you choose?

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I haven't seen any of the body scans on the Internet but are these scans also include the name of the person and/or the external view of the person as well?

Comment

Strange, this thread...

First, there was an opening post from matapule. Then it was gone; it vanished while I was replying to it. (And replaced with one that simply said something like "Let's try again."

Now, that post is gone, replaced with a new opening one from matapule (the third to appear here to start the thread) - but my reply has vanished.

No --- wait! It's there, but in another thread, WITHOUT the poll! It's Freaky Friday for sure...
          Last edited by Leo Lakio; December 17, 2010, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
            I haven't seen any of the body scans on the Internet but are these scans also include the name of the person and/or the external view of the person as well?
            At this point no, but in my opinion it is sure to happen. If you want to see the results of a leaked body scan, check out these images

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            Strange, this thread.....
            Matapule is screwing up and Helen is trying to bail him out! I think we're good to go now.

Comment

Not enough choices.

How about: "This level of invasion of privacy is already too invasive."

Terrorists are already onto other methods - I doubt they will try the plane hijack again, instead they are already starting the new phase of 'dropped package bombs' and 'abandoned vehicle bombs,' several of which we successfully intercepted.

The demoralizing effect of invasive scanning is something they are laughing about in the middle east. "ha ha, look at what we are forcing those infidels to do now!"

They are a step ahead of us.
              Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
              ~ ~
              Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
              Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
              Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                Not enough choices.

How about: "This level of invasion of privacy is already too invasive."

Terrorists are already onto other methods - I doubt they will try the plane hijack again,.
                Koa, I totaly agree, but that it is not a choice our governement is giving us, it is either scan or pat down.

Yes, the terrorists have been successful in changing our lifestyle, for example at the airport. The cynicist in me thinks that this whole scan versus pat down scenario is a ploy by American entrepreneurs to make a buck.

Comment

Ain't changed my lifestyle, I don't fly!

Then there's this:
                  Friday, November 26th, 2010

As potential passengers worry about privacy issues related to the newly installed full-body scanners at our airports, it is interesting to consider the experience of TSA personnel being trained on the use of the machines. Part of the training exercise included, apparently, TSA staff or at least some TSA screeners (TSOs) being scanned by the new imaging devices as their coworkers and supervisors looked on at the resultant image through the viewer.

Imagine the discomfort of having to strip-down naked in front of your co-workers as part of a mandatory sanctioned training exercise. Then imagine having not just co-workers, but a supervisor start snickering and mocking your physical person out in the open. Apparently this happened to Rolando Negrin who worked out of the Miami International Airport.
                  According to reports, Rolando Negrin, a TSA screener at Miami International Airport, went through the full-body scanner in a training exercise. His supervisor immediately started making negative comments and joking about the size of Negrin’s genitals. According to Negrin, co-workers then teased him on a daily basis.
                  About a year later, on May 4, 2010 Negrin physically assaulted a co-worker, Hugo Osorno, in the employee parking lot. When arrested the day after the assault, Rolando Negrin, told police “co-workers made fun of him on a daily basis and … he could not take the jokes any more and lost his mind”. According to The Smoking Gun website:
                  Negrin wrote that, despite his pleas, coworkers would not cease mocking him after the scanner gave them a revealing look at his genitalia. He recalled that he was mockingly asked, “Roly, what size are you?” Coworkers, he added, called him “little angry man,” laughed off his pleas for compassion, and abused him in front of passengers.
                  It is disturbing that no apparent investigation was made into the allegations of the supervisor and other co-workers teasing. It seems that what is being referred to as teasing was abusive workplacebullying behavior started by a employer requiring TSA employees to virtually strip down in front of one another, exacerbated by a supervisor’s clearly inappropriate comments during training, and carried out by co-workers throughout the year. If Negrin wished that his abuse would end, his assault on his co-worker only made things worse as news accounts of this story not only continue the abusive ridiculing of Negrin, but also assume the abusive supervisor and coworkers were stating a fact.
                  https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
                  X