Black Swan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Swan

Saw the movie Black Swan at the Ward Theatre this afternoon with a friend.

It is a strange movie to watch, it is about a ballerina trying to be the Swan Queen in the ballet Swan Lake. I don't think knowledge of ballet is required to watch this movie other than knowning the art of ballet exist.

All I can say if you are planning to watch two movies in one day, watch this one first and then watch some kind of light toned film like a comedy or animated movie afterwards.

Re: Black Swan

Ooh, I've been wanting to see this. I like "different" movies. So would you recommend it, Helen?

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

It is not my place to recommend or not recommend a movie, especially since the reason why my friend and I picked this movie to watch at a 16 plex that had other movies like The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, Tron: Legacy, Little Fockers, True Grit, Yogi Bear, and Gulliver's Travels is that Black Swan was going to start in about 4 minutes and my friend had no desire to see the other movies that was being offered at the time.

That being said what I can tell you about Black Swan is that is not a whodunit but rather it is "who is going to get it". In that matter my first two choices of "who is going to get it" were wrong.

The movie shows a lot of foots, a minute or two of shaky camera movement, nail cutting and a few sex scenes.

Comment

i thought it was a very well done movie but i have no interest in watching it again; the director was good at what he does; natalie turned in an excellent performance but it was a downer for me; i'd be much more interested in just watching the extras on the dvd, like how natalie trained for 10 months before filming began, etc...

just my two cents....
        525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Working...
        X