Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: gadget for reading pdf files?

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
    TS - I've had a Kindle for a couple of months. I totally love it! The portability is great and if you have a smart phone, you can synch it with your reader so you can keep reading your book even without carrying the reader with you. I pretty much use Consumer Reports to get my reviews/ratings and Kindle is top-rated. It also has subs available for newspapers, magazines. and it will soon be enabled to actually read my books to me and also allow me share my books with another Kindle owner.
    Thx anapuni. No smart phone yet! Probably won't get one 'til that's the only style available!!! My daughter has the Kindle and loves it but her needs are different than mine. I don't even know the difference between wi-fi and 3G! Since I'm an Applephile I'd love to get the iPad but refuse to pay that kind of money for what is essentially a toy. I'd love to get away from hard copy magazines and do enjoy color. Decisions. Decisions!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      I don't even know the difference between wi-fi and 3G!
      Based on experience Wi-Fi is a short range wireless (in terms of a couple of hundred of feet), logins and security are dependent on the units that your system is detecting at the time.

3G on the other hand while I have no direct experience it seems that you need to sign up to a carrier to provide your internet service to your system, range is limited to whatever cell phone service is available.

Comment

the nookcolor is $249 and comes with 8GB and can expand up to 32GB using a MicoSD card.

Comment

so far, i haven't found anything that comes even close to the screen size of the ipad but the price is ridiculous for what i hope to use it for.

for others who may be interested, i came across this product:

Coby Kyros Internet Touchscreen Tablet

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...en_Tablet.html

http://www.amazon.com/Coby-MID7015-A...4061462&sr=8-1

kinda interesting...
          525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

i'm not in a rush and so i'm hopeful the new products that are coming out will have at least one that meets my needs...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Rivals...96839.html?x=0
            525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

I tried putting a Microsoft Word 2010 generated document with an inserted Excel 2010 Spreadsheet that was converted to a PDF document using Adobe Acrobat Pro X to my new Nook Simple Touch. There was a table made by Microsoft Word that didn't come out right but the Excel spreadsheet was displayed okay.

Comment

Amazon puts the Kindle DX, ordinarily $379, on sale from time to time. They had it, together with a cover, for $299 last Wednesday (May 2), and I bought one, which came a few days ago. I haven't yet tried mine with a pdf. If my understanding is correct, you have to pay a fee to transfer a pdf file to the DX wirelessly, though a transfer is free when you use a USB cable from your computer.

My wife and I both like to read outside, so we really need an e-ink device.
                Greg

Comment

Working...
                X