Hawai‘i Elects Tea Party Candidate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawai‘i Elects Tea Party Candidate!

I like most of what Tom Berg is trying to accomplish in the City Council...
    But he's definitely being too argumentative and inappropriate at times.
    Not helpful towards possible re-election for sure. Oh well.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/1...t-oahu-meeting
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Another incident, this one at Hale Koa during the APEC Event.
      http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/1...ing-apec-event

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
        Berg, along with Ikaika Anderson have proven to a breath of fresh air on a Council full of rubber stamps. I hope they stick around.
        In the case of Tom Berg, more like a breath of hot air.

Obviously, the man has anger management issues. Even more disturbing is the way he is seemingly incapable of listening to people who are trying to reason with him. Whether you agree with Berg's politics or not, voters in his district have to ask themselves,.... is this the kind of temperament you want from a lawmaker?

I said it in this thread before Berg was sworn in. This buffoon was going to be a one term councilman.
        Last edited by Frankie's Market; December 8, 2011, 12:44 AM.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
          Another incident, this one at Hale Koa during the APEC Event.
          Council chair will not strip Berg of his voting rights over 'unruly' behavior
          Hawai‘i News Now included video of Berg’s APEC confrontation in a story by Minna Sugimoto, after it was released by the Honolulu Police Department.
          Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
          Obviously, the man has anger management issues. Even more disturbing is the way he is seemingly incapable of listening to people who are trying to reason with him. Whether you agree with Berg's politics or not, voters in his district have to ask themselves,.... is this the kind of temperament you want from a lawmaker?

I said it in this thread before Berg was sworn in. This buffoon was going to be a one term councilman.
          In light of this quite damaging video (which helped extend/reinforce Berg’s neighborhood board incident in the news cycle), I would have to agree — though your namecalling is a little over the top. “Passionate Egomaniac” would be more accurate.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
          USA TODAY, page 2A
          11 March 1993

Comment

In light of this quite damaging video (which helped extend/reinforce Berg’s neighborhood board incident in the news cycle), I would have to agree — though your namecalling is a little over the top. “Passionate Egomaniac” would be more accurate.
            My calling Tom Berg a buffoon is "over the top?" Yet, you saw nothing wrong with Berg calling Jonah Kaauwai and Dylan Nonaka "skinheads."

Ladies and gentleman,.... I present to you another fine demonstration of Tunnl's even-handed commentary.
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

My calling Tom Berg a buffoon is "over the top?" Yet, you saw nothing wrong with Berg calling Jonah Kaauwai and Dylan Nonaka "skinheads."

Ladies and gentleman,.... I present to you another fine demonstration of Tunnl's even-handed commentary.
              At no time in this thread or otherwise, did I state an opinion regarding the appropriateness of Berg's verbage on either Nonaka or Ka'auwai. It is true what HT members say about how you are looking to pick a fight, Frankie. Really. Grow up.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
              USA TODAY, page 2A
              11 March 1993

Comment

He may be a one term Councilman and I agree that some ideas just wouldn't work, but many ideas/resolutions... some passed are great for the community.
                And he's been right on pointing out problems with 'rail' before others joined in.
                So he is not a baffoon but has been overboard on occasion.

Who hasn't though? Hope he can maintain.

Comment

At no time in this thread or otherwise, did I state an opinion regarding the appropriateness of Berg's verbage on either Nonaka or Ka'auwai. It is true what HT members say about how you are looking to pick a fight, Frankie. Really. Grow up.
                  When I brought up the fact that Tom Berg was recorded, calling Nonaka and Kaauwai "skinheads," you were the one (in post #30) who said that Berg was "a breath of fresh air" on the council and that it was a "good thing" that Kaauwai stepped down as the state GOP chair. You clearly took the side of Tom Berg on that inner-party brouhaha at the time, without stating any condemnation of Berg's use of skinheads to describe the party's leaders. What was any rational person to think about your implied position on the issue?

But what the hey. If you're finally coming out now and expressly stating your disapproval of Berg's skinheads statement, then I'll give you that. It's the least I can do, providing consolation for you in the midst of your great Tea Party hope in shining armor disembowling himself with his temper.

In fact, I make this prediction right now. Berg will not only lose his position. He will not even finish in the top 2 in the primary election for his race, meaning that he won't even make it as far as the general election.
                  Last edited by Frankie's Market; December 9, 2011, 09:58 AM.

Comment

"Tom Berg, the often outspoken and at times controversial West Oahu councilman, announced his plans for reelection Tuesday..."

I hope he wins not only for him, but I believe it's best for District 1 and all of us. We'll see eh?! Please watch the news video.

KHON Report: http://www.khon2.com/news/local/stor...CAwIkjwgg.cspx

Comment

Please watch the news video.
                      And read the viewer comments.

Who's Berg hiring as his campaign manager? St. Jude?

Comment

The popular Canadian band "Teaparty" is auctioning off the domain name.
                        At last count the figures were into seven digits..
                        From NPR.

Comment

Here's a serious question... What do you think of Tom Berg's Politics?
                          I'm not talking about and not interested in any personal foibles for this question.
                          Most here know that I agree with (most of) what's he's trying to accomplish.

"City Councilman Tom Berg promotes the facts on rail and wants the public to have another vote on whether or not to pursue this rail project. Let THE PEOPLE DECIDE; after all the propaganda by the City has been exhausted to sell and pitch rail, the voters have wised up and now know the truth, they want another vote."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvtMm...aUGh1cEWRctqGR

Comment

"Let THE PEOPLE DECIDE ... they want another vote."
                            I guess my question would then be "how many times do they vote on the issue?" Everybody "want(s) another vote," at least until the side they support is successful. If every major civic project is put to vote after vote after vote after vote, how does anything get accomplished?

(Note - this question is about the process, not meant to be construed as either endorsement or condemnation of light-rail.)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                              I guess my question would then be "how many times do they vote on the issue?" Everybody "want(s) another vote," at least until the side they support is successful. If every major civic project is put to vote after vote after vote after vote, how does anything get accomplished?

(Note - this question is about the process, not meant to be construed as either endorsement or condemnation of light-rail.)
                              You're right about how many times per issue... but that is the process.
                              Think about the many items that keep coming back... rail is just one of them.

Saw this while on a Westside drive today.

Comment

As well, the plurality voting for rail is not near to a majority of voters and for an issue of this magnitude a supermajority (say 2/3rds) of voters should be necessary. The regressive funding for rail is another matter for voters to address (a luxury rail system should be financed with a luxury tax).
                                May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Working...
                                X