Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona congresswoman shot

Arizona congresswoman among 18 shot at Tucson grocery

I'll reserve judgement...but it'll be difficult.

Re: Arizona congresswoman shot

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    I'll reserve judgement...but it'll be difficult.
    This was what SarahPac.com had on their website.

It wasn't enough for Palin to simply list those 20 Democrats she opposed in last year's mid-term elections. She used gunsights on that graphic.

And yes, Gifford's name is among those targeted.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

From March 25, 2010:
      "For example, we're on Sarah Palin's targeted list, but the thing is, that the way that she has it depicted has the crosshairs of a gun sight over our district. When people do that, they have to realize that there are consequences to that action," Giffords said in an interview with MSNBC.

Comment

"Second Amendment Remedies" On the other hand news is saying the suspect is a known local weirdo, he might not have a political angle at all, but then the question becomes why does this country allow guns into the hands of wackos? And you have to look squarely at Congress itself for being so craven before the NRA. At this point there is very little reason to bother even trying to regulate guns, there are so many out there, so many available, that a determined wacko would have zero problem getting whatever he wanted, NRA is right that restrictions now would only fall upon the law abiding gun owners who are not a problem, never have been, and never would be. So...its a problem we will have to live with. If we can.

Comment

If everybody in that crowd had been packing, how far would the gunman gotten towards the success of his goal?
          He probably would have had the fleeting thot and then decided rather to go to a movie, instead getting himself blown away.
          It's an absurd world today and the only way to counter is keeping ahead of the creeps.

These people's blood is all over Sarah's hands. But she's a con and will have no remorse or even care.
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
            If everybody in that crowd had been packing, how far would the gunman gotten towards the success of his goal?
            He probably would have had the fleeting thot and then decided rather to go to a movie, instead getting himself blown away..
            TU'UMAMA'O! !Caca de toro! They do "pack guns" in Arizona. This line of reasoning is so illogical that it does not merit serious consideration or discussion.

There is no doubt that the shooter is a disturbed individual, but it was a political act. Anytime a politician is shot while acting in their role as a politician, it is a political act.

Does this make me in favor of the death penalty for this individual? Among those killed is a 9 year old child! I would personally like to kill the bastard, but no, I'm going to resist my primal urges. Life without parole is what he deserves. That way, he will never forget and I will never forget.

And there are others involved in this disgusting episode like the local radio bagger who said on the air, "Take her out" referring to Gifford. He should get the same life sentence. And dumbass Palin is very culpable as already noted. HOLD THESE PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE! I will never forget.

Get the guns out of the general public's hands. GUN CONTROL NOW! I will never forget.

Blessed Be Gabrielle. And condolences to the families of those shot and killed. They are my heros. May they have not died in vain. I WILL NEVER FORGET.
            Last edited by matapule; January 8, 2011, 03:48 PM.
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Sheriff Clarence Dupnik, speaking about Arizona:
              "When you look at unbalanced people, how they respond to the vitriol that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the government. The anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous. And, unfortunately, Arizona I think has become sort of the capital. We have become the Mecca for prejudice and bigotry.
              "It's not unusual for all public officials to get threats constantly, myself included. And that's the sad thing of what's going on in America. Pretty soon, we're not going to be able to find reasonable, decent people who are willing to subject themselves to serve in public office."
              He later added:
              DUPNIK: Let me just say one thing, because people tend to poo-poo this business about all the vitriol that we hear inflaming the American public by people who make a living off of doing that. That may be free speech. But it's not without consequences.
              REPORTER: How do you know that that's what caused it.
              DUPNIK: You don't.

HOLD THESE PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE Palin, Bachmann, Limbaugh. O'Reilly, Beck, Savage, and all the local shock jocks.
              Last edited by matapule; January 8, 2011, 03:50 PM.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Huge points to the county sheriff for denouncing the radio industry for putting out the swill that pushes these unbalanced wackos to pick up their guns. I read the radio pages frequently, all that matters to the industry is ratings, and if you check the ratings for most towns the so called "news talk" format (meaning Limbaugh, Hannity, etc) is always at or close to the top. It gives the Republican Party a slight but significant advantage, to the country's obvious disadvantage. President Clinton denounced the radio industry for its responsibility in promoting the Oklahoma City federal building bombing mass murders and Limbaugh took him apart for it, there is never a consequence to the radio monopolists for the consequences of their blind greed. The industry got its start promoting fake cancer cures and its just as immoral and unethical now. Fortunately the industry is dying. It can't be soon enough for me.

Comment

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor released a statement saying that all House legislative activity will be postponed one week, including efforts to repeal President Obama's health care reform.
                  “Our nation was shocked by the tragedy in Arizona earlier today. Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, members of her staff, and others became the victims of a senseless act of violence. Congresswoman Giffords serves Arizona’s 8th District with distinction and thoughtful leadership, and it is horrifying that she was exposed to such violence at an event designed to reach the people she represents. I couldn’t agree more with Speaker Boehner, who earlier said that, ‘an attack on one who serves is an attack on all who serve.’ Along with our nation, this institution has suffered a horrible tragedy. We are saddened, mourn those who lost their lives, and stand together in hopeful prayer for the recovery of the victims and their families.
                  “All legislation currently scheduled to be considered by the House of Representatives next week is being postponed so that we can take whatever actions may be necessary in light of today’s tragedy. Further information relating to a revised House schedule will be released tomorrow.”

This is one of the few times that I agree with Boehner. Regardless of your political persuasion, WE HAVE ALL BEEN ATTACKED !

Comment

Blaming radio and tv hosts for the act of some dumbass is pure ignorance.

It's as stupid as blaming video games for school shootings. Pure and simple, human beings aren't as angelic as the public wants them to be, and there will always be some kooks out there capable of doing harm.

And since the majority of names listed are part of the Fox News network, I guarantee you none of them are preaching to people to go out and kill anyone. Lay off the media blame game already and hold whackos like the gunman accountable for their actions.

Gun control... really?

Comment

Originally posted by bjd392 View Post
                      Blaming radio and tv hosts for the act of some dumbass is pure ignorance.
                      Who are you directing this to.....Sheriff Clarence Dupnik? Your arrogance BJ, is astounding!

Comment

the whole thing is just senseless and tragic.
                        flickr

An email from God:
                        To: People of Earth
                        Date: 9/04/2007
                        Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                        God

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                          "Second Amendment Remedies" On the other hand news is saying the suspect is a known local weirdo, he might not have a political angle at all,
                          No political angle? Who's kidding who here???

Congresswoman Gifford getting shot in the head is not some random act of violence. Mentally unstable or not, the gunman (Jared Lee Loughner) knew who his intended target was. After shooting the congresswoman, it was then that he started firing every which way, taking the lives of 6 victims who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Moreover, authorities are looking for a second man who may have been involved with this plot.

The gunman who shot Rep. Gabrielle Giffords in the head and then unleashed a spray of bullets that killed six and wounded 12 others at a town hall event outside a Tucson, Ariz., grocery store may not have acted alone, authorities announced tonight.

"We are not convinced that [the gunman in custody] acted alone, there is some reason to believe he came to this location with another individual, and that individual is involved," Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik said.
                          If there is another person involved, then this makes the assasination attempt a conspiracy. That would certainly erase any doubt that this plot was not politically motivated.
                          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I think 'an attack on all who serve' is a wonderful sentiment and we should should take heed of speaker Boehner's suggestion.
                            May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

the revolution will not be televised, but it looks like not only is WWIII shaping up nicely, but so is the next Civil War here. . .

Tin foil hat, on. lol.
                              flickr

An email from God:
                              To: People of Earth
                              Date: 9/04/2007
                              Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                              God

Comment

Working...